Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ATA186 V 2.14 and 2.15 - Need to reset ATA's all the time

We have had problems with our ATA's from day 1. I have to reset the ATA's often. They will be "Not Registeres" and/or the old 7960 template for ATA's often registers in the place of the ATA and I have to delete it and reset the ATA, sometimes this does not work and i have to go onsite and power the unit off and on.

Does anyone else have this problem or have a suggestion to fix this.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: ATA186 V 2.14 and 2.15 - Need to reset ATA's all the time

With respect to your 7960 template issue, there was a bug in Version 2.14 which is now fixed in 2.15 and again in V2.15 may be you are hitting this known issue of upper/lower case mismatch issue with the MAC address as documented here

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ata/atarn/186rn15m.htm#xtocid9

Giving the extract from the above page below Old behavior: Cisco ATA (SCCP) registers to Cisco CallManager with an all-lowercase MAC address, such as ATA0008a3d4e5f6 or SEP0008a3d4e5f6.

New behavior: Cisco ATA (SCCP) registers to Cisco CallManager with all uppercase letters, such as ATA0008A3D4E5F6 or SEP0008A3D4E5F6.

Note This change may cause Cisco CallManager to show incorrect registration status once Cisco ATA is upgraded to the latest version: The Cisco CallManager administration page may show "Not Registered" even when the Cisco ATA has registered successfully. To fix this status message, restart Cisco CallManager. (Resolution of this issue is scheduled for the next release of Cisco CallManager.)

Cisco Employee

Re: ATA186 V 2.14 and 2.15 - Need to reset ATA's all the time

Just to add to the previous post. The bug mentioned is this:

CSCdx83113 - ATA register as 7960 when it failover to standby CM

Views
Helpful
Replies