Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

ATTEMPT TO TRANSFER

Hello, I have Unity 3.1 and Call Manager 3.1.1 .

Somehow I have lost the ability to transfer a call from a call handler or subscribers greeting directly to another subscriber.

When I press the number I am tranferd directly into the users voicemail instead on ring his phone.

I have make sure that the transfer option is set to ring directly at subscribers number and the Phone is not busy.

This used to work a while back but I am not sure when it stopped working.

Could this be a sync issue with unity and call manager.

Thanks for the help

10 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ATTEMPT TO TRANSFER

Do you hear the prompt "Please wait while I transfer your call"?

Are there errors in the Windows application event log when the failure occurs?

Is Unity or was Unity set up as Dual Switch or demo mode at one time? If so the users could be associated with the wrong switch in the Unity database.

No, I don't hear the prompt "Please wait while I transfer your call"

I don't remember is I use to or not.

Unity is only set up for IP switch although it is set up for two call managers.

The 24 unity port are divided equally among the Call Mangers.

The Transfer problem though is on its own switch. Transfering calls within

a department or the Main Call Handler greeting saying for Person X dial 1 for Person Y dial 2 for Person Z dial 3. All of them are in the same Switch and if I dial 1,2,or 3 I am transfered directly into their voice mail greeting message.

Cisco Employee

Ok, if you are not hearing the prompt, then Unity does not even think it should be trying to transfer.

If you dial the entire extension instead of the one key dial, does it attempt to tranfer you to the phone?

If dialing the extension works yet dialing a one key entry configured to go to that extension does not, then the one key entry is likely misconfigured, make sure the one key entry is set to "Send caller to Attempt transfer for........" and not "Send caller to greeting for......"

This is a very good tip you gave me. I have tried calling the extensions by dialing them and some extensions work , while others I receive the Prompt

"Sorry I did not recognze this as a valid entry". I don't know what happened to the subscribers.

They do show up in the Unity Admin and I compared them with other subscibres that you can dial them directly and everything looks the same.

What could be the problem. Or more important do you know what might have caused this problem.

Thanks for help

Cisco Employee

hmmm... it is starting to sound like you might have more than one problem.

Do the extensions that you can successfully dial from a call handler start with the same number as extensions that fail and play the prompt "Sorry I did not recognize that as a valid entry"?

Yes they Do

Cisco Employee

Ok for the problem where you get the prompt "Sorry I did not recognize your selection", verify none of the numbers you are dialing are set to locked and ignore on the caller input page for the call handler you are dialing from.

Also open SQL Enterprise Manager

Expand the tree view: Console Root --> Microsoft SQL Servers --> SQL Server Group --> --> Databases --> UnityDb --> Tables

Right click on the DtmfAccessID table and choose Open Table --> Return all rows.

Check to see that there is a row that includes the extension number of the subscriber you are trying to dial.

The Unity system is Unity 3.1.1 voice mail only.

We had a Cisco Gold partner install the system and at that time they suggested we use the Light version of SQL. So we don't have SQL Enterprise Manger as an Option .

Is there an alternative way of getting access to this table?

thanks

Also I tried to Login in to their voice mail and it will accept it.

So It is a valid voicemail. and the subscriber is set to be in the Directory.

I just can't dial to that extension.

Cisco Employee

If you do not have Enterprise Manager installed, (by the way it is ok to install it even if you are using SQL MSDE) then there is no need to check the dtmgaccessid table. The reason I was going to have you check that was that sometimes folks go in to Enterprise Manager and turn off nested triggers, which causes some information to not be populated in to all of the tables when adding a new subscriber.

In order to better help you through the forum, we need you to duplicate and describe a particuliar problem, (it sounds like you might have more than one) and then tell us about any errors that show up in the application event log at the time the problem happened.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content