cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attempt transfer to Subscriber using Supervise Transfer

bhgiacomo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CCM 3.3.2SPC and Unity 3.1(5) I have setup A Call Routing Rule to attempt to Transfer to A subscriber. In the Subscriber call Transfer it is set to ring subscriber at this number Transfer type is Supervise transfer. If call is busy (it is set to ask Caller). When I make the call and I have the ext. busy unity send me directly to voice mail not ask me to hold.

PLease explain

thank you,

Butch

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In that case it sounds like the problem isn't "Unity sends me directly to voice mail" but rather "the phone system forrwards me right back into voicemail". When doing supervised transfers you should disable CFB to voicemail.

For the call hold feature in Unity to work, the transferring port needs to be able to tell whether the target phone is available. When you forward the consultation call to another destination, the transferring port gets no indication of this. If that consultation call is answered (by another user, another VM port, whatever) the port performing the transfer assumes success and either completes the transfer or proceeds with call screening dialog.

-Eric

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have call waiting enabled on the line you are trying to transfer to? If so it isn't going to report busy when Unity tries to make the transfer. To get the busy holding functionality working you need to disable call waiting.

Hope this helps...

Keith

Keith,

The call waiting is diabled and through Call viewer you can see the call come back as Forward(Busy)

what should I look at next.

thank,

Butch

In that case it sounds like the problem isn't "Unity sends me directly to voice mail" but rather "the phone system forrwards me right back into voicemail". When doing supervised transfers you should disable CFB to voicemail.

For the call hold feature in Unity to work, the transferring port needs to be able to tell whether the target phone is available. When you forward the consultation call to another destination, the transferring port gets no indication of this. If that consultation call is answered (by another user, another VM port, whatever) the port performing the transfer assumes success and either completes the transfer or proceeds with call screening dialog.

-Eric

Eric,

thank you.... That was the problem I turned off CFB and It works

thank you,

Butch

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: