Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Attendant Consol user

We have two users with the following info:

User X with extension 6704 and user Y with extension 6703. We also have over 10 Attendant Consol users. In only one of those AC users, the incomming calls for user X (6704) shows the extension 6704 with the username Y instead of X. The AC user shares both users X and Y lines. I looked at both users device page and they look correct. I also looked at the shared line that the AC user has with those two users, it looks correct too. It's kind of very weird situation. Could someone please help?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Attendant Consol user

on a shared line, the ALERTING NAME, is used to show caller information on the called phone display. (phone device configuration; directoryNumber config page)

this will always show the same no matter what phone uses the line. if the alertingName = User1, then every use of that line calling an ip phone will show 'user1' as the alerting/calling name.

this field cannot be set individually per user.

is this the info being displayed? if so, change it to a unique name.

Re: Attendant Consol user

I deleted the Alerting Name for both users but it still shows the wrong name with the wrong extension number only for one AC user which shares their lines.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content