Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

attendant console and overflow to voicemail

I understand that if you have a pilot point set for 1st available member and you have your voicemail directory number at the end of the hunt group then when all attendants are busy/not logged in etc the call will go to voicemail.

This is fine but if you want to load share calls among attendants then you need to set it to longest idle,. But then if you have your voicemail at the end of the hunt group then some calls will go to voicemail without the attendants being tried first - which is no good.

So how do I get load-sharing between attendants but in the event of them not being logged in or busy calls overflow to voicemail?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: attendant console and overflow to voicemail

Create a separate hunt group and pilot with attendants, and set to most idle. Then in your "real" pilot hunt group, include this pilot number first, then the voice mail, with 1st available hunting. In essence, you're nesting the hunt groups.

Community Member

I thought about doing this, but in the documentation it says that when linking hunt groups you should only ever make the last hunt group member another pilot point.

I'll try it and see if it works.

Community Member

Create a forward busy and/or forward no answer entry in the line profile of the attendant phone

Community Member

Here's something I tried and in testing it seemed to work Ok.

HG 1, Longest Idle with below members

AC1, Line1

AC2, Line1

AC3, Line1

AC1, Line2

AC2, Line2

AC3, Line2

DN 2001 (2nd Pilot Point)

HG 2, 1st Available with below members (it's a copy of 1st HG, except for last)

AC1, Line1

AC2, Line1

AC3, Line1

AC1, Line2

AC2, Line2

AC3, Line2

DN 3000 (Unity)

Then in Unity, record message about busy operators, give option to leave message or just transfer it back to the DN of the 1st Pilot Point.

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content