cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

attendant console and transfer to voicemal button

dnelson
Level 1
Level 1

Problem: Cant transfer a caller directly to subrscibers voicemail. I receive "failed to transfer to voicemail" error. This happens when the attendant answers incoming call. presses the "Transfer to VM" button in the console application. Enters the destination mailbox number. pressess enter. Now i get the error.

I can do a direct transfer to the Unity pilot number an unity will pickup but now the attendant has to manually press #XXXX#2 to transfer to a users mailbox greeting.

I have followed the Unity admin guide. Edited the "VoiceMailProfiles.xml" file. Verified that the file gets downloaded to the Attendant Console's pc int the proper ETC directory.

The Primary Voicemail profile is "Default". VM Pilot # is 9015. What else is there? Help?

Here is a copy of my VoiceMailProfiles.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<!-- note: All tags in here are case-sensitive.

Important: Be very careful when editing the file.

This is a sample voice mail profiles file. To actually

defile pofiles:

1) Copy this file to VoiceMailProfiles.xml in this directory.

2) Edit VoiceMailProfiles.xml and create entries to your needs.

3) Ensure that the syntax is correct. You can do that

by opening this file in an IE browser.

Use the example for guidlines. The attendant console client

application will pick it up next time the attendants log in.

Copy VoiceMailProfiles.xml file to all CallManager systems in the cluster.

-->

<Profiles>

<!--

Voice Mail Profile defines how the Attendant Console application

should access the voice mail systems.

Read the following profile as follows:

- ProfileName is the name of voicemail profile, needed in case of CCM3.3 and above

- 7000 is the pilot point number to dial into voicemail system.

- If the call is from external caller, enter the dtmf sequence

#X#2(X is the voicemail box number)

- If the call is from internal caller, enter the dtmf sequence

#X#2(X is the voicemail box number)

- Before entering the dtmf sequence, wait for 1s after getting

connected to the voicemail system.

-->

<VoiceMailProfiles>

<VoiceMailProfile ProfileName="Default" PilotNumber="9015" ExternalSequence="#X#2" InternalSequence="#X#2" TimeDelay="1"/>

</VoiceMailProfiles>

</Profiles>

5 Replies 5

Bill
Level 1
Level 1

Had the same problem. Try changing the "#X#2" to "X#2". Make sure you do it on Call Manager not on the operator's pc, as a new copy is pulled from CM when you log in. It worked for us.

I'm having the same problem but changing the transfer codes didnt seem to help my situation. Any debug that could be ran to see whats going on?

Thanks

Hi

I recently had a problem getting this to work as well. The problem was that the recepionist selected transfer to voicemail the software dialed our pilot number. Since the receptionist's extension is not associated with a unity account, Unity played the default opening greeting, which has the # key set to forward to the operator under caller input. So when the software began the #x#2 sequence the call was immediately sent to the operator call handler after the first #.

Changing the caller input to ignore the # key solved it for me.

I am having the same problem and have tried removing the # from the sequence with no help.

Here is the important line from my file..

the ProfileName is what I have configured as my default voicemail profile for the system. 2090 is the pilot point for voicemail. Performing a manual transfer to 2090 gets me to the login prompt. I then press # XXXX #2 and transfer to complete and it works fine. When I press the transfer to voicemail button I get the error message.

Are there any other traces / logs to look at to determine the problem?

I believe I just found the problem. In Call Manager under Voice Mail Profiles - the profile I was using was set to user "Default" as the Voicmail pilot. When I changed it to specifically use our pilot everything started working.

Thanks