cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant console best practices

allan.morin
Level 1
Level 1

I have one pilot Pt./hunt Grp.that is made up of 2 console users.(AC1&AC2)The hunt Grp.is configured as follows:

AC1 line6

AC2 line6

AC1 line5

AC2 line5

AC1 line4

AC2 line4

AC1 line3

AC2 line3

Forward to VMail

There are times when only 1 console is logged in at once.In this situation if a call goes unanswered it will only ring 3 times and will get disconnected.Is this pilot pt/hunt Grp.design correct? Or should it be done a different way?

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, this is by design. The hunt group routes the call to the first available member. In this case, the member is available, but does not answer the call. At this point, Callmanager forwards the call to the call forward no answer destination of the DN to which the call was extended. If there is not a CFNA destination, that call will be disconnected after the call forward no answer timer. The solution I we use it to set the CFNA destination of each AC DN to an auto attendant. You could set it to voicemail in your case if desired. The purpose of this functionality is to allow the call to be handled after a single CFNA timer intead of having your customer wait through multiple rings as each destination is tried.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon,sorry for getting back to you so late.I took your suggestion and it resolved our problems.

Thanks for all your help!!

You're welcome. Glad your problem is solved. If you found the information helpful, would you mind to rate the post?

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon:

Browsing for AC info and found this thread - used it and it worked - so I'll rate your post.

Thanks.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: