Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant console bust trigger

Hi,

I've a question about busy trigger on lines belonging to a receptionist phone.

Sometimes when reception try to answer a call get the message "failed to MAKE a new call". I'm supposing it's a bug and I've opened a case BUT:

is there some "best practices" for configuring busy trigger on lines belonging to a ac phone ?

My receptionist has a 7960 and 5 lines; i'm still not sure if it's better to configure busy trigger at 1 or not. Now busy trigger is 2 for each line but if line 1 is busy, second call goes to line 2,

Regards

Luigi

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Luigi,

You are correct;

This is Bug CSCee40177

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Phone%20Services%20for%20End%20Users&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddb0e98

As far as the Busy Trigger Settings for AC Lines, I have never seen a "Best Practices" recommendation but most people use 1 and route on Busy to Lines 2-5 (in your case). This seems to be easier for the AC User to work with. Here is the one and only reference to AC Lines;

Based on the line settings on Directory Number Configuration window, Cisco CallManager Attendant Console can support multiple calls on a line. When no more outgoing calls can be made on a line, Cisco CallManager Attendant Console displays a warning message when the attendant attempts to make a call.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fsccmac.html#wp1145016

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

thanks for the reply. I've seen that bug, but I've the issue answering an incoming calls and not dialing.

It seems like, while I try to answer an incoming call, i put a call to the same number incoming ...

When You say "route on busy to line..." what do You mean ? I've read that is better not to use call-forwarding on ac controlled devices.

What I'm misunderstanding ?

Many thanks and regards

Luigi

Hi Luigi,

Sorry, I should have been more clear :( What I meant by "route on Busy" is just the use of the chosen Hunting Algorithym to search for the next available "non-busy" line on the device. The use of the Busy Trigger set at 1 will allow this Hunt to take place properly.

Does that make any more sense?

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes, now I understood. I've configured the hunt-group as "route on first available line" but at this time operator lines has busy trigger configured at 3.

What I've seen is that also with busy trigger to 3, when a line is busy in a conversation, next call come on next line ( !? )

regards

Luigi

Hi Luigi,

I think you should try setting the Busy Trigger to 1. It may mitigate the problems you have encountered with the setting as 3.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: