Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

attendant console call stuck on display

once a call has hung up it is still showing up in the attendant console. this doesn't happen on every call, and when it does it does not keep the actual call active. it just has the call info in the attendant console. we are using ccm 3.3.2. calls have not cleared for up to 2 hours. any help would be appreciated.

12 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: attendant console call stuck on display

Ben,

Check the status of your CTI Manager service on your subscriber. We had similair issues which were due to CTI Manager service stopping on the subscriber and failing to the publisher. Let me know how you make out.

re

Jim

Community Member

If you click on a stuck call, does an error "Unable to answer call" pop up? We are having a similiar problem, and have a TAC case open.

Community Member

Hi

I have the same Problem, do you have a TAC answer for this Problem?

Thanks for your replay

Community Member

i am only using 1 ccm. the cti manager service seems to be started correctly as well. when i click on the call in the console, it does not go away.(i think). I am off site so i will check for sure when i get back.

Community Member

We as well are having the same problem. The console just shows the call as being there and you can not get rid of it. The only I have found is just to restart the Console program. Otherwise it stays there and will block that port from being used.

Community Member

you guessed the official answear. though i'm not happy with that still.

cisco says:

Log out of the Attendant Console client and log back on again.

bug CSCea00623

dan
Community Member

We are having the exact same problem at one of our clients. They are on CM 3.3(2) and have had as many as 5 stuck calls in the AC display. Thay are very displeased with this issue.

Community Member

We are also experiencing this problem. We get it every time we go out an fxo port to access the paging system. Also the attendant console freezes randomly.

Very annoying. Had a tac case open for close to 2 months. No resolution.

It seems that with each callmanager release the attendant console becomes more and more buggy. To me it seems like a cisco after thought with minimal testing and time spent on developement.

Gold

You should try running Attendant Console 1.2, which is downloadable from CCO, and then get the latest engineering special from TAC, which as of this writing is ES5. It cleans up a lot of user interface issues. We don't exactly have zero issues with it, but it's certainly improved.

After you do the upgrade and the ES patch, be sure to reinstall the AC client from the CallManager on each client and then go to the help/About menu to make sure that the client and server versions match, it'll show you both sides in that menu dialog.

Be certain to install the AC update on each server in your CallManager cluster, and be certain to recheck it after every CallManager upgrade or service pack, because they have a tendency to overwrite the AC upgrade and cause subtle problems you don't notice till later. You can notice this in the AC client when suddenly the server version shown in the About menu regresses.

Mr. Young, fancy to run in to you here!

It's worth nothing that CCM 3.3(3)sr2 includes AC 1.2(1)ES5, so hopefully this is the beginning of a trend that the newest CCM Service Release includes the most recent AC build as well.

I too have had great success with AC 1.2(1)ES5. I believe ES4 resolved my last bug, and now I'm down to just having feature requests.

Community Member

We have been struggling with this issue for a couple months, going round and round with Cisco TAC. We have applied at least 4 Engineering Specials in an attempt to fix it. This last weekend, we upgraded to 3.3(3) so we could apply SR2 and get the latest, greatest AC. All to no avail.

Today we may have found and fixed it. And I should have seen it sooner. It was QoS. We had a QoS policy map for VoIP-Signalling and RTP for voice packets, but we had no prioritization for the CTI messages. Once we gave the CTI messages (to and from TCP port 2748) the same priority as SCCP messages, it started working without error.

So if you have applied everything else, and still have the problem, check out the QoS.

How can I check which version of AC is on the Call managers (not from client - don't have access to client)?

I have issue where client deletes user in directory, but AC client still shows user in the directory. Client recently updated to 1.2.1 ES3 but am remote so want to check version, and now looks have to chase down ES5 update.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content