Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Attendant Console directory window empty

Hello,

I have an LDAP issue here,i guess

We have 2 CCM's (pub en sub) with a client pc which has attendant console installed on it.

Suddenly,the person is not able no more to consult the directory. It's empty.

When i check the autogenerated file on the sub (in c:\program files\...\USerlists dir) ,it gives following error:

com.cisco.ac.server.ldap.ACLdapConnectionException: Cannot connect to directory

On the publisher on the other hand,when i click the autogenerated file, get all the users listed.

On the client pc,i have this message:

43 02/13 15:38:33.677 ERROR Cannot write user settings for: reception to server: java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:

java.rmi.RemoteException: com.cisco.ac.server.ldap.ACLdapConnectionException: Cannot connect to directory

On the subscriber,in the TDC trace i see the error which i have attached.It's also an Ldap message.

I restarted already the TDC service on both servers as well as the DC directory service on the pub and dc service on the sub but nothing helps.

If i let the att console pointing to the publisher...the result stays the same.

I have no idea what could be wrong.can anyone help/advice?

Thanks in advance,

Kurt

6 REPLIES

Re: Attendant Console directory window empty

Hello Mehmet,

Thanks for your answer.the directory reload interval had the value '0' and changed it in '60'.

I also deleted the autogenerated.txt file but without success.It appears again after a few seconds.

What do you exactly mean with the first thing you say in your answer?

I just saw that i can't consult the user section on the CCM (User-Global directory),it says 'page can not be displayed'.

Maybe i'm totally wrong but could this point to a IIS problem?

thanks.

Kurt

Bronze

kurt,

can you access the coporate directory from a phone?

first check if your dc directory service is running and second restart the iis server.

open a dos window and restart your iis server with "iisreset"

greetings

mehmet

Hi Mehmet,

Well indeed,we can access the corporate directory and the DC directory service is running.

The person at the reception now transfers through the corporate directory of the phone...what results in a delay off course.

So all other functionalities of AC are working fine.

I can try a restart of the IIS service but do i have to do this both on subscriber and publisher?

This implies that nobody can access his userpages anymore and we are not able to connect the CCMadmin pages,correct?

And thanks for your quick answers already,it's greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Kurt

Silver

We ran into a problem similar to this recently, except that when we repointed the agent to the Pub, the directory came up. We noticed that we could not access user info if we searched using ccmadmin on the Sub, but it was fine if we did it on the Pub, and we had those directory connection errors in the log. We ran the CCMPwdChanger tool to get the passwords synched back up, that had gotten off somehow, restarted TCD service, and it all came back.

Silver

Our autogenerated files were also like yours, populated on the Pub, and had connection error on the sub.

Mary Beth

Views
Helpful
Replies