Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Attendant Console doesn't find server

We have Call Manager 3.1.3a SP D and have installed attenendant console on the server and installed the attendant console client on a PC from the plug in. When client starts Attendant console it fails saying "can't connect to server". In the settings the IP address is correct for the Call Manager (and you can ping the call manager) and the extension number is set for a valid phone.

In the trouble-shooting guide it says to check that TCD service is pointing to c:Program Files\Cisco\CallManagerAttendant\bin\tcdsrv.exe. On this Call Manager it doesn't, it points to c:Program Files\Cisco\bin\tcdsrv.exe which I gues is our problem. In the trouble-shooting guide it doesn't tell you how to fix this. We are thinking of just re-installing the Attendant Console s/w on the server. Will this fix it?

Help some-one?

Rgds,

Stuart Coe

4 REPLIES

Re: Attendant Console doesn't find server

Stuart it sound like the install of the attendant console did not work on the CM server. I have the same scenario as you (3.13spd) and after running the download from CCO on the server I was able to install the client no problem.

I would repeat the install on the server.

Paul

Cisco Employee

You can fix that problem in the registry, in the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cisco Telephony Call Dispatcher

Set the key called ImagePath to:

C:\Program Files\Cisco\CallManagerAttendant\bin\TcdSrv.exe

Also you should make sure that you have a number of files in the C:\Program Files\Cisco\CallManagerAttendant\etc directory. One of my servers has 48 files there. The one time I have seen a problem with this, I only had 1 file in that directory.

Fixed now - re-install of Attendant Console did it.

Thanks for the info.

I have looked at the mentioned key and it appears correct. I also looked at the etc folder and only have 1 file. I uninstalled and re-installed the attendant console and still only have one file.

Any ideas?

Tom Parker

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content