cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console - Error

king-1195
Level 1
Level 1

The receptionist is trying to log into the Attendant Console and receives this error.

"Initialization of Call Control failed. Retrying..."

She clicks OK (only option to click) and then the Call Control window is greyed out. She can still receive calls, but is not able to use any of the call control fuctions of the Attendant Console.

I check my firewall setting, it's ok. and I set Attendant Console clinet on win2000 professional without firewall, it display the same error.

My CCM version is CCM5.02

Any assistance would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

Q. Why do users receive the "Initialization of Call Control Failed. Retrying..." error message when they logon to Cisco CallManager Attendant Console?

A. The probable causes are:

* No 'ac' user exists.

* There is an ac user password mismatch.

* The Call Park Retrieval Allowed check box is not checked in the Cisco CallManager Administration.

* Enable CTI Application is not checked in the Cisco CallManager Administration.

* The pilot point and/or the controlled phones are not in the controlled device list of the ac user.

A. If no ac user exits, you must configure one user named ac in Cisco CallManager Administration and associate the attendant phones and the pilot points with the user. If you do not configure this user, the Attendant Console cannot interact with CTIManager, and the attendant cannot receive calls.

1. Select User > Add a New User from Cisco CallManager Administration. The User Information window displays.

2. Enter ac or another name that you can remember in the First Name and Last Name fields.

3. Enter ac in the User ID field.

4. Enter 12345 in the User Password field.

5. Enter 12345 in the Confirm Password field.

6. Enter a PIN and telephone number.

7. Check Enable CTI Application Use. You must check this box for the Attendant Console to interact with CTIManager.

8. Check Call Park Retrieval Allowed.

9. Click Insert.

10. Make sure that you associate the devices with the ac user.

A. Check for these parameters if the ac user already exists.

1. Select User > Global Directory from Cisco CallManager Administration. The User Information window displays.

2. Enter ac and click Search in the User Search field.

3. Click the ac user name from the resulting list of matching names.

4. Enter 12345 in the User Password field.

5. Enter 12345 in the Confirm Password field.

6. Enter a PIN and telephone number.

7. Check Enable CTI Application Use. You must check this box for the attendant console to interact with CTIManager.

8. Check Call Park Retrieval Allowed.

9. Click Update.

10. Make sure that you associate the devices with the ac user.

Rate all helpful posts.

Karzazi

For Zin.Karzazi, your process is in CCM4.1, but my CCM version is 5.02

Now,

1)I addd ac user and it's password is 12345.

2)I add ac user in Stand CTI enable group and Stand Allow Call Park Monitor goup.

3)The pilot point and/or the controlled phones are in the controlled device list of the ac user.

4)My Attendant Console Client is installed in Win2000 professional without Firewall

Ok, de-associate an re-associate the Phones controlled by the ac user. If that doesnt work, restart your TCD Service.

Hi,

I have the same problem with 5.0(4). Attendant Console also on W2k. Restarted the services but still doesn?t work.

Andre

Hi,

Try to add the "AC" application user to the group "Standard CTI Allow Control of All Devices". It is not mentioned in the feature guide but I found I can only make AC work with this option. Hope this will help.

Leon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: