cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console Extension Mobility and the ac user

tfletcher
Level 1
Level 1

A customer wants to use Extension Mobility with Attendant Console. My concern is that each device that you run Attendant Console on has to be associated with the ac user. In order for this to work transparently, I would need to associate all the phones (>200) with the ac user. Does anybody know if there are any problems or risks with doing this.

4 Replies 4

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

HI,

As far as I know, AC doesn't work with EM as it is a sort of a shared line (ADP)

It does http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fsccmac.htm#wp1149306. I've tested, and it works just fine. I'm still not entirely sure it's a good idea though.

AC in 4.x works with shared lines. I don't think 200 devices associated to a user will pose a problem. I have seen 4.02 systems that have 1000 or so devices associated to users for jtapi/cti functions. Also, consider IPCC express 4.0 supports 300 agents and that needs CCM 4.1 so 200 shouldn't be a problem but YMMV.

Agreed - we've had users on the system since 3.2 with hundreds of associated devices...

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: