cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console - Failed to make new call error

rlutzko
Level 1
Level 1

User gets error message "Failed to make new call" occassionally after receiving a call via attendant console. When she disconnects from the call she gets the error message but it does not prevent her from making or receiving new calls.

5 Replies 5

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

I would suggest you to applying a latest service pack on the Call Manager. There could be some bug. Which version of CM are you using anyway?

We get exactly the same thing. CM3.1.4b SPD with AC 1.1(1). Has anyone else come across this or aware of a bug fix for this?

"Me too".

Customer experiencing this (and a list of other AC-related problems that I am scouring NetPro for others with the same experience; TAC has not been much help at this time) on CCM 3.2(3) with AC 1.1(3) and AC 1.2(1). We upgraded per the request of TAC, but the problem has only gotten worse.

The upgrade to 1.2(1) has brought a new "crazy client" problem; after some amount of time, the window focus inside of Attendant Console will begin changing between the three windows at a very fast rate making it impossible to do anything -- once you right-click a call to do something to it, the window focus changes and cancels the options dialog you brought up. Very strange indeed.

The bigger problem is with TCD ignoring the configured call flow and sending calls to the "Last Resort" line, even though there are available lines on the 6 Attendants.

Would be interested in similar experiences or fixes.

Don't know if it's bad form to reply to myself, but one of the above issues is still an open case with Cisco TAC. The "ignoring call flow" turns out to be an issue of the TCD getting out of sync with the CallManager.

When TCD doesn't know the state of a line, it will simply skip it so it doesn't try to deliver a call to a line that is already in use. Even though the CCM and the TCD are on the same box, somehow this confusion happens. Obviously there is no "polling" mechanism because until the linestate is changed (pickup/hanging, call it/hangup) TCD stays "confused".

We have a workaround in place; if an Attendant noticed a call "skips" a line she knows to bounce the line state, but a fix is nowhere in sight. We're asked for traces over and over and over and DE seems to be unable to pinpoint the problem.

Anyway, just though I'd update this in case anyone else ever runs in to it. Happy CallManagering ..

Forgot to mention:

"crazy client" above was resolved (along with 3 other bugs we had) in AC 1.2(1)ES1. I'd recommend it to anyone having issues with AC 1.2.