cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

attendant console hunt group

dave.easton
Level 1
Level 1

How do you get the first line in an auto attendant hunt group to roll to the next number? I've got a pilot point set, it rings in to the first hunt group member and then goes strait to his voicemail every time. It never rings member #2's extension. Is there some trick I'm missing here? Thanks...

4 Replies 4

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

You should not have voicemail setup for AC users. Otherwise the call never gets forwarded on busy to the next AC user.

Does this mean that hunt group users can not have voice mail??

No, they can, but the hunt groups follow the forwarding paths as set on the phones. If a phone in a hunt group forwards ring-no-answer to voice mail, then that's where the calls will go. My misunderstanding was that I thought the Call Manager performed some sort of supervision of these hunt group calls, and would retrieve them from busy/no answer stations. That's not how it works.

Wes Sisk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings Dave,

In your subject you say attendant console (AC also known as TCD) but in your post you say auto attendant. I only know of hunt groups with AC so I am going with that application.

TCD has a service parameter "allow routing on unknown line state". When true, if TCD does not know the line state of the huntgroup members, it will try to route first available through the huntgroup.

TCD might not be receiving line state because the CCM service parameter "line state update enabled" is set to false. If you have to change this to true, it requires a restart of the CCM service to take effect.

Otherwise, please configure detailed TCD tracing and post the section of the trace that shows routing the call to the huntgroup member.

AC does not have the ability to "take back" calls from hunt group members. If a call is routed to a huntgroup member, then AC releases the call and it follows the CFNA destination configured for the huntgroup member.

/Wes