Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console in Multitenant Environment

marcbutler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Hopefully a quick question. A customer trades under multiple company names. They wish to have all four of the main DIDs coming to one Receptionist, using Attendant Console. Apparently, they have been told from someone at Cisco that it is possible to have AC show them which company is being called, i.e. which DID was originally called (obviously the translated to a DN), so as to allow the receptionist to answer the phone with an appropriate greeting for each firm.

I know that ARC Console does this very nicely, but the last time I looked at Attendant Console all it showed on each line was the calling number, not the called number!

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Many thanks

Marc

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Marc

It will show just calling number I think if you use normal queueing or just hunting...

If you use broadcast hunting you see the pilot point, calling number, and waiting duration.

So you could have muliple pilot points/hunt groups, but with the same users in the groups. This would mean users have to pull calls out of the broadcast group, but would give you the ability to see where callers have come into the system.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron

Many thanks for your reply. Can I make sure I have this correct in my mind? With broadcast hunting, and with multiple pilot points and associated hunt groups enabled, and the operator/s user ID being a member of all of such, then when a call comes in to any of these pilot points, they will display the calling number and the pilot point from which the call came to and was passed from to the Attendant Console? Without broadcast hunting, it would not be possible to see the origination point of the inbound call?

Am I correct on the above.

Many thanks for your clarification in advance. I will rate the post after this, I promise!

Rgds

Marc

Hi Marc

Yes - that's correct.

If you aren't using broadcast you just see the calling number and your number.

With broadcast the broadcast windows in AC shows the pilot number and calling number, and it can show waiting time...

Make sure your clients' PCs have some form of speaker though; usually they want an audible altert when a call is available as the phone won't ring (you have to manually pick a call to answer).

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I had this same dilema. Let's say calls come in on 2000. I created a CTI RP with extension number 2000 on it. I CFA to the AC pilot point. The call shows up on the AC as being forwarded by 2000.

The easiest way we have found to set this up is to assigne each company a seperate number/line and enter that number in the attendant console users speed dial list with the company name. when a call comes in it will show up with the companies name.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: