cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

attendant console line status

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

I have a call mgr 3.2(2c) that I just installed attendant console 1.1.3 on. Everything seems to be working except I do not see any line status in the directory field. Line status is unknown for every user no matter if their on or off the phone.

In the old web attendant you needed to set up permissions and shares but this install guide does't mention it.

Has anyone run into this ?

thanks

Rob

12 Replies 12

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

Check to make sure the "ac" user in CM's password is set to "12345" exactly and that the user is associated with the proper device. Also, make sure you enable CTI application use.

JASON NIELSEN
Level 1
Level 1

I have had to fix this by re-installing the JTapi plugin. I don't know if this will work for you.

Make sure if you have a cluster to upgrade all of them. This would cause problems too.

Does the attendant pc need the jtapi plgin? I haven't read anything about it in the install guide. I just installed the attendant plugin on the pc.

Everything else is working fine.

Rob

bertino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Make sure Attendant Console is loaded and running on all of your Call Manager servers..

I had this exact same issue and did not have AC loaded on my second call manager (the primary)

Go figure..

don

Thanks.

I've only got one call mgr.

If I understand the original question, it sounds like CA works ok, but the line state is not being updated.

We recently worked through a similar scenario. The global directory was taking the phone information out of AD, and displaying it as a 10 digit number. However our DN was a 4 digit No. For example on the AD/Exchange user profile we had entered a 10 digit number of 919-xxx-1234, however the internal DN was 1234.

Here was our fix. On the CM there is a file in C:\program files\cisco\call manager console attendant\etc\DialRulesExample.xml. You will need to edit this file, and save it as DialRules.xml. This file is downloaded by the client each time they log in. Dialrules.xml needs to be copied to all CM's in the cluster. You do not need to restart any services on CM.

We modified the DialRules section using this syntax

Log the CA out and back in. This file will be downloaded to the client PC to C:\program files\cisco\Call Manager Console Attendant\etc\DialRules.xml

Good information here. I have a similiar request. We have Corporate Directory on our 7960 phones accessing our production Active Directory. In the Production AD our phone numbers are typically the full e.614 addresses (XXX-YYY-1234). However, we have 4 digit dialing across the country and it would be great that when we query the Corporate Directory from the 7960 phone, only the last 4 digits be dispayed and the user could just dial versus the "edit dial" option. Is there a similiar fix for my problem as the resolution above seems to be "Attendant Console" related?

Thanks in advance....Darryl

One other thing. If I open the console app on the call manager, then the line status works. From my laptop it doesn't.

Rob

Is your laptop on a different subnet than your CM? What happens if you plug your laptop into the same subnet as the CM?

mpaul
Level 1
Level 1

This may be rather late for you, but I had a similar issue. Working with TAC we figured out the problem. I had my Attendant Console PC registered with the Publisher and the phone was registered with the subscriber. Once we registered the AC to the subscriber then line status came up.

Where can you tell what Call manager it is registered to and how did you force it to the subscriber?

at the right bottom you see the ip-address or server name.

You can change this at 'edit' - ' settings'

after changing you have to save and logout and in again.

good luck.

I have the same problem with the line state. I'll trie setting the phone and server to the same subscriber to tomorrow