cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console not showing phone forward status

BrianChernish
Level 1
Level 1

I am using CM 3.3SR3, in a "Centralized Deployment" configuration and have a branch office that uses the AC. When they choose thier "Department" in the directory window, it shows them line status of the phones in their office but not whether the line is forwarded to VM or to another number. It is also strange that if they open another department (different remote office) they can see line status and forward information for that office. Any ideas are appreciated - thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

A co-worker of mine just explored this very same issue with TAC. It turns out that Attendant Console will only retrieve the forwarding state of the displayed list of phones if the list of matching names is less than or equal to 10. The reason for this is that it is computationally "expensive" to go dig this information out of the CallManager database, so AC waits for you to narrow the scope of your search before making the queries.

He inquired as to whether or not this limit was adjustable, and it seems that the answer is no. The limitations are discussed under bug ID CSCdx94246, but I think they consider this more as documentation for a feature rather than a bug. If you want to help apply pressure to get this made into a tunable parameter, you might open a TAC case and ask them to link it to that bug. DE often takes into account how many TAC cases get opened on a given bug/issue when determining how to allocate manpower.

View solution in original post

Restart the 'Cisco Telephony Call Dispatcher' service and wait a couple of minutes to make sure the directory build finishes. TCD does this every hour or so on its own, I think, but you should be able to force it by restarting the service. Be sure to do this on all CallManagers in your cluster if you have more than one running TCD. This will have a call processing impact for any TCD hunt groups and Attendant Console users.

Then restart the AC client. The client only downloads the directory list at startup. If you don't see the new results, check in C:\Program Files\Cisco\CallManagerAttendant\UserLists on the CallManager to see that the new info has in fact been downloaded and regenerated.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

A co-worker of mine just explored this very same issue with TAC. It turns out that Attendant Console will only retrieve the forwarding state of the displayed list of phones if the list of matching names is less than or equal to 10. The reason for this is that it is computationally "expensive" to go dig this information out of the CallManager database, so AC waits for you to narrow the scope of your search before making the queries.

He inquired as to whether or not this limit was adjustable, and it seems that the answer is no. The limitations are discussed under bug ID CSCdx94246, but I think they consider this more as documentation for a feature rather than a bug. If you want to help apply pressure to get this made into a tunable parameter, you might open a TAC case and ask them to link it to that bug. DE often takes into account how many TAC cases get opened on a given bug/issue when determining how to allocate manpower.

Thank you for the info! I just changed the department names for a couple of people in the department that concerns me (to get the list under 10). Can you tell me which service(s) I will need to restart in order for the shortened list to appear?

Thanks again!

Brian

Restart the 'Cisco Telephony Call Dispatcher' service and wait a couple of minutes to make sure the directory build finishes. TCD does this every hour or so on its own, I think, but you should be able to force it by restarting the service. Be sure to do this on all CallManagers in your cluster if you have more than one running TCD. This will have a call processing impact for any TCD hunt groups and Attendant Console users.

Then restart the AC client. The client only downloads the directory list at startup. If you don't see the new results, check in C:\Program Files\Cisco\CallManagerAttendant\UserLists on the CallManager to see that the new info has in fact been downloaded and regenerated.

Feature request - CSCed69336. This is a much needed feature in my opinion.

We are having this or a related issue w/1.2(1)ES7.

We see the forwarding status when multiple users are listed but when a single user is listed in directory results (using last name field) the forwarding status is not displayed.

Any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: