Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console Queuing

michael.george
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering how to set up call queuing for a pilot point using Call Manager 4.1 please?

If for example only one person is logged into CCAC and that person is busy taking the first call from the user dialing the pilot point, when the second call comes in, the user just hears a busy tone. I need this instead to continue ringing until the CCAC user is free and then can answer the second caller (who should be waiting in a queue).

Your help is much appreciated!

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

Have a look at this good doc, here is an excerpt;

"You can configure a pilot point to support call queuing, so when a call comes to pilot point and all hunt groups members are busy, Cisco CallManager Attendant Console sends calls to a queue. While in the queue, the callers receive music on hold if you have chosen an audio source from the Network Hold Audio Source and the User Hold MOH Audio Source drop-down list boxes in the Device Pool window. The attendants cannot view the queued calls. When a hunt group member becomes available, Cisco TCD redirects the call to that hunt group member.

You enable queuing for a pilot point by choosing the pilot point in the Attendant Console Configuration Tool and checking the Enable Queuing check box. You must also enter a value in the Queue Size field and the Hold Time (in Seconds) field. The queue size specifies the number of calls that are allowed in the queue. If the queue is full, Cisco TCD routes calls to the "always route" hunt group member that is specified on the Hunt Group Configuration window. If you do not specify an always route member, Cisco TCD drops the call when the queue size limit is reached. The hold time specifies the maximum time (in seconds) that Cisco TCD keeps a call in the queue. If the call is in the queue for longer than the "HoldTime," the call gets redirected to "AlwaysRoute" member. If the "AlwaysRoute" member is not configured, no action occurs."

From this doc;

Cisco CallManager Attendant Console

Cisco CallManager Features and Services Guide, Release 4.1(3)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3a8b.html#wp1144562

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Thanks for your help Rob,

I should have provided more details in my problem really. Apologies but I've already read that information a few times. From what I could understand, I need to set up a pilot point with 'broadcast' settings and that initiates the queuing mechanism in TCD. However when I try creating a pilot point I don't seem to have that option, I only seem to have for exmaple an option like 'longest idle hunt member'. Do you have a walk through of how to amend my hunt group/pilot point to use broadcast calling so all phones ring please?

Thanks again for your resonse

P.S.

I can't find how to do this anywhere:

'You enable queuing for a pilot point by choosing the pilot point in the Attendant Console Configuration Tool and checking the Enable Queuing check box' <--- I'm going blind as I just can't see it.

In your Publisher:

C:\Program Files\Cisco\CallManagerAttendant\bin

acconfig

Advanced Tab.

Thank you! This is exactly what I was hunting for!! (Excuse the pun) :)

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

What version of AC are you running? I think that the Queuing/Broadcast feature was added in 1.3. So maybe you are running 1.2??

Rob

Thanks for your help with this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: