cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console "failed to make a new call" error.

jhindmarsh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with the error message "Failed to make a new call" in multiple instances with Attendant Console. The first time this error comes up is if the first hunt group member does not answer the call and it goes to the next member. It only displays on the first member console. If I change the hunt group order, it still comes up on whomever is first on the list. This message also comes up whenever any Console user makes an invalid call which is expected but irritating to the users.

Can I disable these error messages completely? It is highly annoying since these error messages can stack up and have to be cleared by pressing "OK" before the user can click on the screen again.

TAC has not resolved the first error yet but everything works fine.

15 Replies 15

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

You are hitting the bug CSCee40177. Refer to the bug details for the workaround.

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

Did you every get a response to this issue? I am having the same issue with 5.1.

Thanks,

Joe

hi,

I am also facing the same issue in CCM 5.1. We have around 10 attendant console's and the call volume is too high and the users are facing it really difficult to adjust the situation.

The bug ID mentioned says that this proble is fixed in 4.x version. But they have not metnioned anything about 5.x

Hi,

I'd the same issue about attendant console. We have 2 ac user ( po1 and po2 ) and the hunt-group has dn that are, alternatively, on po1 or on po2.

We have the issue that sometimes ( !?! ) when the po1 or po2 receive a call and tryes to answer, they get the popup with "failed to make a new call".

any suggest ? or better, have You resolved that issue ?

many thanks in advance

Luigi

Nope I never resolved this issue...I had to create a translation for the incoming call to send it to the ac users ext. then I set the cfn/busy for external calls to be the huntpilot.

Hope this helps,

Joe

Hi,

thanks for the reply. In my situation :

- pilot-point is 75111

- attendant console user are po1 and po2

- po1 control dn 75100,101,102,103,104

- po2 control dn 75105,106,107,108,109

ac users are po1 and po2 .

I'd a translation that send the call to 75111 ( pilot-point ); did You mean I've to set, for all lines of both ac users ( 2 7960 with 5 lines ), the cfd busy ext to pilot-point ?

Many thanks

Luigi

PS: i've a case open, i'll keep You updated

Hi Luigi,

Just wanted to know, if the TAC has given you a solution for the issue you were facing.

Regards,

Karthikeyan

Hi,

sorry but no news from TAC. No help at all after 10 days case; we "solved" rebooting both server, but the customer told me that after some days, is starting to have that messages another time ;-(

I'll let You know,

regards

Luigi

Hi Karthikeyan,

and You ? Some news about "failed to make a new call" popup ?

Today I opened another case ( !? ) because last case was closed after the trouble "seemed" solved after a reboot... but it not was like this.

Regards,

Luigi

Hi Karthikeyan,

and You ? Some news about "failed to make a new call" popup ?

Today I opened another case ( !? ) because last case was closed after the trouble "seemed" solved after a reboot... but it not was like this.

Regards,

Luigi

Hi Luigi,

Thanks for the update. Even i had opened a TAC. In my case, we have configured Hunt Pilot, from where the call is routed to the members in the hunt group. But TAC says that the Attendant console never uses HUNT PILOT to take calls. So it has to be PILOT POINT which has to be configured for Attendant console to take calls.

We had configured in this fashion, because the AC stops working often. Even though it shows, 'activated in the control center. Manually the service has to be restarted on all the nodes. And all the callers will get busy tone when they try reaching the reception.

As an action plan, we need to revert to PILOT POINT configuration and do the testing again. So If found that the pop-up is not coming anymore, then TAC will work on fixing the AC service failing issue.

Hope this helps and will keep you posted on the updates.

Regards,

Karthikeyan.

Hi Kart,

I already had the pilot-point configured; the engineer is thinking it's a trouble related to "MTP required" configured on both H.323 gateways connected to ISDN.

The trouble it's that we must keep "MTP required" in the gtw configuration because an H323 call could be incoming on a gateway and then the PO could havo to tranfer outside via the other gateway.

I'll let You know

Regards

Luigi

Luigi,

Did you ever get an answer to this? We are running into the same issue here.

~ Rob Oliveira ~

No,

I had to make the hunt pilot the call foward na on the attendants phone...and have the original call ring directly into that phone..

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: