cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console scalability for BLF function only

kbyrd
Level 2
Level 2

I have a customer that wants the BLF function only of AC. I see at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps555/products_data_sheet0900aecd80185215.html where 500 hunt groups/pilots are supported. If I am using AC only for BLF, can I scale higher? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Kyle,

500 is the maximum supported (500 pilot points with 10 hunt group members per pilot point)

But let me understand, are you requesting only BLF feature or are you implementing 500+ Pilot Points.

Actually the BLF feature as the link states will be used with Directory Integration, so why you want to setup more than 500 PP?

Per my experience with more than 500 PP causes CTI Manager service spike to 100%.

HTH

//Gonzalo

Thanks for your reply, Gonzalo.

I hope I am explaining this correctly...the customer will have very few formal call coverage attendants. They are an ex-Avaya shop and are used to the BLF function with Avaya. Yes, CM 5.0 will have this feature, but with 1,100 phones, we think going to CM 5.0 is risky. So the alternative is to deploy AC to folks who just want the BLF. I wouldn't think we would need any PP for just this function. Correct? If not, then do you see a problem with 1,100 ACs on a cluster?

Hi,

There is a maximum of AC per cluster;

• Five hundred Cisco CallManager attendant consoles per cluster

There are 3rd party applications who do BLF,

just google it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: