Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Attendant Console - unable to initialize call & line is not available errs

Hi

Hoping someone out there can help. I am pulling what little hair I have left out over this/these problem/s.

Scenario: Three attendant consoles deployed, associated with IP Communicators. All communicators share the same 8 lines (the reason for this was that broadcast hunting was not an option as it did not make the phones ring when there was an incoming call and it automatically sent the users to MOH rather than giving the caller a ring tone). Pilot point is associated with a hunt group that lists all the lines by directory number. It uses the "first available" algorithm to route calls to the appropriate lines.

Problem description: When more than one incoming call is being answered by the AC users, (that is , they are talking and have not yet transfered etc the caller) and one of them tries to transfer a call, then they get one of two errors. Either "Unable to initialize call" (less common) or "line is not available" (more common). They then have to wait until the other AC user has got off the phone and then transfer the call.

What I have tried: I have set the "Maximum number of calls" on the primary two lines to 10, with a "Busy Trigger" of 2, and the rest of the lines with a "Maximum number of calls" value of 4. This does not appear to have resolved the issue. I thought it might be that as when I turned on the CCM traces, it had an error line saying max calls=2.

Products: CallManager 4.1(3) SR1

Attendant Console: version 1.4.1.5

IP Communicator: v1.1(4)

Anyone got any ideas on this one?

Many thanks in advance

Marc

2 REPLIES

Re: Attendant Console - unable to initialize call & line is not

I think the issue may be with the shared lines. Each AC users need to have thier own seperate lines.

Also try to use the Round Robin hunting. Not the Boradcast hunting.

Re: Attendant Console - unable to initialize call & line is not

Hi

Many thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, we need to use shared lines to overcome a problem that they had with the previous system of not using shared lines where other operators would not know that another call was waiting at another operators console who was already on the phone because it did not show up on their console. They would have to wave at the other operator to get them to answer it and then swap headets mid-call. It was all a bit crazy.

Anyway,thanks for the suggestion.

Any other ideas welcome!

Views
Helpful
Replies