cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Overflow message

cg100668
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have a call queueing requirement from a customer where we have recently installed a CCM 6.1 and Unity Connection 2.0. They have 3 operators configured and when all operators are busy and incoming calls in the queue have been waiting for a certain time, eg 45 seconds, the calls waiting in queue should get a message that all operators are busy and after the message the call should return to the queue. Moreover we should also be able to give the caller the option to dial the extension number of the user he is looking for if he knows the number.

Is the above configuration possible?

Chandrasen

9 Replies 9

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, this is certainly possible. CRS v5 is probably the best option as your requirement is fairly complex however you could probably set up some of it via Call Handlers.

The main problem is the queuing which Unity can't do...

...ARC is another alternative or maybe Attendant consoles (could take a bit of work to get AC to work as you want it to though).

Please rate post....

Hi, thanks for the reply. I will have a look into CRS and see the possibilities offered to achieve the customer requirements.

Is it possible to let me know the details of how can we use Unity Call Handlers to achieve the above? The customer has only CCM and Unity Connection but neither CRS nor ARC and he will not ivest in additional items.

Sorry, this isn't something that's easy to explain but I'll try my best. Like I said though, some of it can't be done with what you've got.

I think the best option is to configure attendant consoles for each of the operators. Enable call queuing for each of them (on the pilot point in the client) and set up a different MOH source for each of these 3 phones to play the message "all the opeators are busy, please stay on the line" (you could set the 45sec interval on the recording.

If you set this up you will have completed 3 out of the 4 requirements. The only outstanding one is dialling internal numbers which I can't think how to do. It's possible within unity but I don't know how to get from AC to Unity...don't think its possible to be honest (if anyone else has any ideas about this I'd like to know)?

Please rate post...

is there visibility of who or how many calls are in queue when queuing is enabled?

Thanks,

Robert

Yes you can view it on the back left part BUT only if you are on broadcast mode.

Hope it helps

Please Rate

Rémy (France)

Yes, in Cisco Unified Attendant Console you can view the queued calls. Looks A LOT like ARC operator console....

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7046/ps7282/product_data_sheet0900aecd805e6a5f.pdf

I just found some more info as well which you could use as a last resort for the user diverts....set a holdtime on the queue and select the "always route" number as the voicemail pilot point.

Create a Unity Call Handler for this extension which the caller could use for directory lookup

Please rate post....

Thanks everyone. From this conversation I learnt much more about the possibilities the attendant console application can offer. I will first test and propose the solution to the customer. Thanks guys for your help.

Hi Robert,

Cisco CallManager Attendant Console is able to place incoming calls into a queue and broadcast the calls to attendants who are available when the call arrives or who become available before the call is answered. You can see the broadcast calls in the Broadcast Calls window.

Broadcast Calls Window

This window contains the Broadcast Calls Details pane, which displays the list of incoming calls that have been placed in a queue and broadcast to the attendants but not answered. Any available attendant can answer a broadcast call. After an attendant answers a broadcast call, the call moves from the Broadcast Calls window to the Call Control window of the attendant who answered the call. If the attendant has an active call, the Attendant Console places that active call on hold when the attendant answers the broadcast call.

The Broadcast Calls entry in the Broadcast Calls Details pane comprises the following information:

•The directory number (pilot point) that the broadcast caller dialed

•The directory number and user name of the call that is broadcast

•Time that the call has been queued

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/1_4_1/english/user/guide/ac_1_eng.html#wpxref77019

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob

i have another issue here.

If i choose "Broadcast Hunting" from the accconfig Tool, the call never gets forwarded to the Attendant (it hangs in the queue either an Attendant is available) and is also not shown in the Broadcast window.

Configuration (CCM 4.2):

Pilot Point: #893 (Route calls to "First Available Hunt Group Member")

Hunt Group: contains the two Attendant DNs as members

Please find attached a screenshot of my configuration.

Am i missing anything else?

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: