Views
Helpful
Replies

audible MWI with Unity 3.1.4 to 5ess switch

jkoniecki
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I have 95% successfully integrated Unity 3.1.4 with a 5ess centrex service .

Calls are being seen correclty as incoming, internal and external calls and the reason for unity getting the call ( ring no answer , call fwd ) However the MWI audible Studder is not workiing . I can see it being sent out in RAW data of the integration monitor but it does not work . I have called the Telco but Veri#@n does not have an answer and they didnt even knoe cisco has their own voice mail software . Would anyone know what to do to light the MWI .

this is what i recieve when unity tries to light the MWI

<CR><LF>OP:MWI_XXX6383014!<EOT><CR><LF> this is what i get when i delete all messages for extention 3014

<CR><LF>RMV:MWI_XXX6383014.

Unsure why it is not working .

Jim K

5 Replies 5

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From the serial data you've shown I assume you have "Default extension length" set to 7 and "SMDI extension length" set to 10. What concerns me is the XXX padding that makes up the difference. By default Unity will use zero as a pad character. Check for any changes in the avsmdi.avd and centrex0008.ini files between what is found on the 3.1.4 cd and what is found in your commserver\intlib directory. Also, what is on the Subscribers' Messages page in the SA for MWI?

-Eric

the XXX is 410

those #'s are unpublished .

What is your e-mail eric .

Jim K

the default extention lenght is set to 4 and SMDI is set to 10 with 6 digit prefixes

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ahh, I see. That makes much more sense. Sorry about that.

So do you have Unity subscribers set up with 4 digit extensions but then have the full 10 digit extension set in the MWI section of their Messages page?

By default, Unity will only send the 4 digit extension and pad it with zeros. This might be what your service provider's 5ESS is expecting.

e.g. RMV:MWI_0000003014

If only the priovider has someone that knew what they were expecting it would be nice but unfortunately that is not the case for the mentioned company.

Currently the provider has the same setup on the Octel system so i am going to monitor that tomorow and see what the MWI looks like .

I have a feeling under the messages tab i will have to maualy make the MWI set as RMV:MWI_4106383014 . I have not tried this yet

My direct email is jkoniecki@comcast.net

thanks