cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio file to phone

cairns-a
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to push an audio wave or mp3 file to a phone and have it play. Would like to be able to press a service button on the phone and have the audio file play or have another means to trigger the audio file to play on the phone.

5 Replies 5

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can only push G.711u raw files up to a certain length (that I don't recall offhand) to the phone.. you'll have to convert any other format.

Can you point me to a doc that would show the code to use?

There's a java g.711 audio streamer that I posted in this forum and that a search will reveal and that several people have successfully used to dynamically play audio prompts to a caller.

It's meant to be used with CD quality audio so if you have MP3's, you'll have to figure out the proper transcoder chain on your own. In the interest of sharing, I'd appreciate that if you go down this road and do implement mp3 transcoding, you'd share the appropriate transcoder chain with us.

The way I read your post, is that you can play an audio stream to a caller.

What I am looking at doing is use an IP phone service to play a audio file over another phones speaker. Kind of like with push2phone when the text is sent to the phone a ding is played.

We may be talking about the same thing?