Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Audio issue with 7935 IP Polycom

Testing the 7935 in a real environment has brought this audio issue up. In a medium conference room, the users in the room require the volume up about 80 + percent for all participants in the room to hear party on the 7935. When this is done it becomes nearly impossible to break into the VOC switching of the unit. Obviously they didn’t think about adding another model with “spider microphones”. This I believe would make the unit more reliable in larger conference rooms. The APP LOAD of the unit is P005W301. Searching CISCO.COM there is an upgrade to P00503010100 release. From reading, none of the release notes pertain to correcting this issue. My question is, Does your 7935 perform for your conference room environment(s)?

5 REPLIES

Re: Audio issue with 7935 IP Polycom

I am also using 7935, the issue I face is the voice level is not audiable if the speaker is a bit away from the phone, otherwise the volume is good if the user is near the device.

When you state the "speaker is away from the phone" you mean the person speaking into the 7935?

Spider mic jacks are certainly a glaring ommission on the 7935 - I hope a model adds them - their OEM sisters are Polycom have them...

Other than that we've been pretty pleased with the unit's volume and are running P00503010100 without issue...

- Ken Johnson

LeTourneau University

-------------------------------------

CIPTUG

Cisco IP Telephony Users Group

http://www.ciptug.org

I have experienced audio issues with the 7935 in various sized conference rooms. These issues are similar to the ones you mention but also include issues such as voice 'clipping', echo and white noise. These issues seem to be amplified when the 7935 is used in conjunction with Conference Connect end external parties are involved. We are currently working with Cisco on resolving this problem. We have approximately 100 7935s in use.

I have upgraded to the latest firmware load that Cisco has on its website. That load is P005030100. I've tested it for some conferences here and have had good results. I've asked my counterparts that have the most trouble to implement the load and test it in some of their rooms and give me more results. Thanks for your input and please let me know what Cisco has for a fix.

Views
Helpful
Replies