Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Audio Text Manager

I launch it and get "Error! Could not locate opening greeting handler. Exiting"

Any Ideas?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Audio Text Manager

Well... first question, do you have a call handler called "Openinggreetingch" as it's alias? This is the first thing ATM looks for when firing up as it's "root" call handler. IF that's not found, it bails out since it can't construct a default view.

You'd have to go out of your way to delete that guy, though, since it's marked undeletable in the SA interface by default.

which version of Unity are you on? which version of ATM are you firing up?

Thanks Jeff for your quick responce.

I have Unity 3.1(5), ATM version 3.1.60 - I upgraded about a month ago from 3.0. I did have a problem with my Opening Greeting getting Corupted and TAC (some one on the Unity Team) VPN'n in and got me going but sugested to upgrade so that it would rebuild the opening greeting, (so this might be part of the problem). You "Alias" part throws me off I'm not following you there. I do have an Opening Greeting Call handler, but I do not see anything about the "Alias" .

Cisco Employee

there's an alias for all objects in the database similar to a mail alias for subscribers - my mail alias would be JLINDBORG for instance, for a call handler called "Accounting Folks" the alias would be "accountingfolks" (Unity just strips all spaces and illegal characters out and then ensures it's unique by tagging a number on the end if necessary).

So if they reconstructed the opening greeting handler for you, they very likely didn't use the alias "openinggreetingch" which is what I'm looking for specifically. You can change the alias of a cal lhandler no problem, this isn't referenced externally - all objects are referenced by their object ID (which is a long string of numbers). You can do it through DOHPropTest if you get the password or via SQL directly if you're comfortable doing that.

you can ping me directly at lindborg@cisco.com and I can help you take care of that.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content