cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audix to Unity Communication

akerr1527
Level 1
Level 1

Need to know if there is a way (using AMIS or other means) to have broadcast messages from Audix delivered to Unity Mailboxes. I am not familiar with AMIS so any info that I can get would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

mmellet
Level 3
Level 3

I would have to say yes based on the following article:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ip_tele/network/dgmigrt.htm

Actually, that article has more to do with integrating CallManager with legacy voicemail systems, not with integrating Unity voicemail with legacy voicemail.

I am not familiar with the AMIS capabilities of the Audix system, but I can't see any reason why this should not work when Cisco Unity 3.0 is released. It will support the AMIS protocol and exchanging voicemails with other messaging systems supporting the AMIS protocol is a basic requirement.

parker.rick
Level 1
Level 1

AMIS is an analog means of networking voicemessaging systems. The first messaging system uses a PSTN line to make a circuit switched call to the second messaging system and literally replays the whole message to appropriate users mailbox. This can be very lengthy depending on the size of the message and how many mailboxes the message is sent to. It ties up ports in the messaging systems and can be costly. If you are going to do broadcast messaging between systems be careful how you broadcast to the users in the other system. When you network multiple systems together,all the systems databases contain every user. You can imagine how many calls will be made between systems. I would recommend building distribution groups with multiple subsets.