The Cisco Database Layer Monitor service (aupair.exe) monitors aspects of the database layer as well as call detail records (CDR). The database layer comprises a set of dynamic link libraries (DLL) that provide a common access point for applications that need to access the database to add, retrieve, and change data. The Cisco Database Layer Monitor service performs functions such as determining whether the primary server is available during failover, deleting the oldest CDRs when the limit that is defined in the MaxCDRecords parameter is reached, and moving CDRs from a subscriber to the primary database at a given interval, if needed.
1. Please check that you have correct CDR settings on CCMAdmin Enterprise parameter page, it could be that aupair.exe stuck in a loop moving CDR's to the incorrect/un-existent destination.
2. Please set up and collect DETAILED DBL traces. Please refer to the following URL for detailed information on how to setup Callmanager traces:
16) Thread(Aupair/ - all threads)\% Processor Time
17) Thread(Aupair/ - all threads)\ID Thread
18) Thread(Aupair/ - all threads)\Start Address
19) Thread(Aupair/ - all threads)\Priority Current
20) Thread(Aupair/ - all threads)\Thread State
21) Thread(Aupair/ - all threads)\Context Switches/Sec
22) Thread(Aupair/ - all threads)\Elapsed Time
4. Make sure CDRInsert is running only in the PUB, SQL services and Jobs.
5. Collect Application logs, DBL traces and perfmon counters- After logs are collected, please go ahead and restart the aupair.exe service to see if it changes the issue. If not I would open a TAC case for checking it deeper.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...