Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Authentication problems, Limit on device association?

Is there a limit on the number of devices you can associate with a user in CallManager. I have found that my CCM authentication is behaving inconsistent. Sometimes a phone gets authenticated, other times it does not - yes, with the same user name and password. I was wondering if that is due to a limit on the number of devices you can associate. A while ago, I heard that it was 900 or so. I have not been able to find it in Cisco documentation.

If we have 1000 phones and we are trying to push an application to them at the same time, isn't it going go put too much burden on CCM - as each phone will try to authenticate. Could that be a reason why authentication fails on about 20% of the phones, but these 20% phones are different each time we do a push. And yes, we have associated all the phones with the user name we are using for pushing.

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: Authentication problems, Limit on device association?

1000 phones is way too much! I've crashed the CallManager authentication service with as few as 30 requests.

You need to consider an authentication proxy ...

Cisco told me that the maximum is 750 for ipphone services.

As Callum said, it's better to use a proxy

Thanks folks. I have written an authentication service. I am trying to add proxy feature to it, where it forwards all other authentication requests to CCM. I have heard there is a sample code in the SDK for this.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content