Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Auto Attendant - Active Directory

Setup requires that ACUser have a password of 12345, minimum requirement at my location for active directory is six characters, anybody know of a work around for this?

Thanks Jim

12 REPLIES

Re: Auto Attendant - Active Directory

I assume you're referring to the step in the following link that says to enter a password of 12345. This is an example, not a requirement. Table 26-1 directly above says that the password can be up to 50 characters. Also, this shows creating the user in CCM admin. You could also create the user in AD and then make the necessary configuration changes such as Enable CTI Application Use and Call Park Retrieval Allowed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ecf89.html#1125433

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Thanks,

Brandon

There is a user with username AC that gets created. Your pilot points and attendant console phones get associated with this user in CCM admin. You also need to create a user in Service -> Cisco CM Attendant Console -> Cisco CM Attendant Console User. This is the username that attendants use to log in to the attendant console software. You can also assign hunt group members based on this login.

Brandon

Bronze

You can change the password of ac password.

Lets say you want to change the password to cisco123

Go to cmd:\programfiles\cisco\callmanagerattendant\bin\acenc cisco123

this will give you the hex value for the password.Then you can go to programfiles\cisco\callmanager\attendant\etc\

Under this there is a ACServer.properties and under this change JTAPI_PASSWORD =

Repeat this procedure on both the servers and restart the TCD.

Like this you can change the password of ac user to your active directory requirement.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Radhika

Thanks, found and did the editing, I'm able to log in and place calls but not receive them. I tried to do a translation pattern, but still received a busy signal. Currently trying to figure out why, if I place the numbers on a phone it works fine, I have plenty of translations that work but none using Auto Attendant.

Jim

Bronze

Could you please rate the previous post.

Thanks,

Radhika

Jim,

Make sure that the pilot point is associated with the ac user.

Brandon

Thanks, I've doubled checked to be sure - but still receiving a busy signal - The number I'm using is an active number - BUT, who knows.When I or the forum figures it out i'll be sure to post it.

Thanks Jim

Have you enabled CTI application use for the ac user? If so, can you please post screenshots of your translation pattern, pilot point, hunt group, and ac user device associations?

Thanks,

Brandon

Here's screen captures,

When dialing either the pilot point or translation numbers both would receive a busy signal. But if you place either number on a phone they work as required.

Jim,

As per the following link, the Attendant Console user must have the username “ac”.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps555/products_installation_and_configuration_guide09186a0080176f6e.html

Brandon

After installing the latest update patch, MS06-02 and rebooting all CCM (9) auto attendant starting working, I’ve rebooted after initial install and it didn’t work. Guess it’s very temperamental, but it works.

Does anyone know of a way to prepend the way active directory present numbers to AA? Currently numbers are in the seven digit format – clicking on a number results in an error message coming back, (your call can not be completed) four digits works.

Thanks Jim

Views
Helpful
Replies