Views
Helpful
Replies

auto attendant for remote office

duc-vu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Centralized Call Processing model in which CallManager servers are at the central HQ. All IP Phones, at remote office, are registered to those CM servers. Also the remote office has its own DID lines from local PSTN. How do I create the auto attendant for the remote office so that their local PSTN callers can call in to hear the local greeting scripts and be able to leave voicemail messages to proper destination ?

For example, the CM servers are in San Jose, California and remote office is in Portland, Oregon. We want Portland PSTN callers be able to dial into this remote office and hear the greeting script such as "hello you have called Portland office, press 1 for Mr A, 2 for Ms B and so on..." There is a main greeting script in Unity for San Jose office in place already.

Thanks for all inputs.

Duc Vu

3 Replies 3

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

You just need to create a mailbox for each of the sites. For example if you are using the main number in portland as 3000. Create a mailbox for 3000 then create the greeting that you want. In callmanager create a cti route point of 3000 and call forward it all to the unity pilot number. This way when the call comes in for 3000 it will be sent to unity as a forwarded call for 3000 so you get 3000's mailbox. You can do this for each site.

I hope this helps,

-Mckee

kennethh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Duc Vu,

I can't help you with your problem, but I really need your help. I just suddenly have a 2 weeks project to implement VoIP for a company.

We will have Centralized Call Processing model in which CallManager servers (2 MCS 7835, primary and secondary) are at the central HQ. And there will be 3 remote locations plus HQ, so total 4 locations.

Each locations will have 3640 with Dual-Port 48 Channel T1 Voice/Fax Network Module (NM-HDV-2T1-48). Is this module connect to Telco or PBX to let user to make PSTN call and Fax over PSTN???

Our manager also will order High density analog voice/fax network module with 4 FXS AND 4-port voice/fax expansion module - FXO for each location at 3640. Why we need those module?? Is Dual-Port 48 Channel T1 Voice/Fax Network Module (NM-HDV-2T1-48) can do Fax and PSTN call???

And how another company or home call the users in those 4 locations?? I pretty sure that we can do VoIP to VoIP(among 4 locations), and VoIP to PSTN (because of having 3640 with Dual-Port 48 Channel T1 Voice/Fax Network Module (NM-HDV-2T1-48)). However, I pretty confuse how people from outside reach inside of 4 locations?

Since they already Voice mail system, so I am going to use thier system to VoIP, so dont need autoattend, VIR or Unity.

Basically, we need

VoIP to VoIP

VoIP to PSTN

PSTN to VoIP

Fax over IP

Fax over PSTN

PSTN back to Fax

Thats pretty hard for me to do, so please help, and Thanks for a millions.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Sorry for the delay. I had been busy with new project. Anyway here are some answers to your questions. The NM-HDV-2T1-48 is 48-channel 2 ports T1-PRI which connect to your local telco for inbound/outbound phone calls to PSTN. It could also be connected to existing PBX too for the same purposes. FXS is for analog phones,modems and faxes. FXO is to connect to wall phone jack or PBX analog ports. Typically FXO ports being used for T1-Pri backup. In summarize, normal inbound/outbound calls will flow thru the T1-PRi with your NM-HDV-2T1-48 connection until it fails then FXO ports pick up but it only carries one call at the time - while T1-Pri can carry 23 calls with one signaling for DID features. Each location will have to connect to local telco company and internally they can call each othe via Data links (T1, FrameRelay, ATM etc..). Hope thi shelp to answer your questions.

Duc Vu