cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant Problem

lopezasp
Level 1
Level 1

The problem was when I call the CTI route point DN using the local IP phones the auto attendant answer and played the initial greeetings but when the call was coming from the PSTN the auto attendant did not answer nor play the greeting and when I monitor the the port using Application Reporting I can see that the call was forwaded to the CTI route point and the call was dropped after 4 seconds. I am using call manager 3.1.3a and Cisco Extended Services ver. 2.2(2). Is there anyone who already encounter this problem? Can you tell me what is the possible cause of this and how can I solve the problem.

Thanks,

Andy

6 Replies 6

acontento
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this and my experience was as follows...

If you look at a q.931 trace you will see that a message is being received out of order. This is because you are sending the "Non-ISDN Progress IE Indicator" to a DMS. The DMS standard only supports this parameter from 'Network' to 'User'. The DMS sends an error regarding this, and ordinarily that's fine, however because the CTI Route Point 'answers' the call in a matter of tens-of-milliseconds (as opposed to a human taking easily over 500ms to answer), the q.931 messages are jumbled. You might now say...But I haven't checked the box on the Gateway configuration screen for sending the indicator! I hadn't either. There is a service parameter that must also be set to false or no or whatever means negative!! It's been a while and I forget the actual language and I'm not sitting in front of a callmanager right now. That's the gist of it, your situation might be somewhat different, but as soon as I reset this parameter all calls from the PSTN to the CTI RP were successful instantly!

Thanks again,

Not yet because I dont know what is the exact services your are referring to. Can you tell me which service parameter I need to configure. Thanks for helping me out.

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you're using the G.711 codec for calls from your gateway. If no codec is specified in a dial-peer for an H.323 gateway, the default is G.729 and calls to IP-AA will fail.

Thanks for the response.

I am using MGCP and with a single location. All my gateways, phones, cti ports and cti route points belongs to one device pool that use G.711 codec within the reqion. Any other idea because I have two days left to implement the auto attendant.

Thanks,

Andy

Have you tried my suggestion? Your problem description is a mirror image of mine, right down to the MGCP gateway...

Thanks again,

Not yet because I dont know what is the exact services your are referring to. Can you tell me which service parameter I need to configure. Thanks for helping me out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: