Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Auto Attendant question

I have a Callmanager 3.14a system running with Unity 3.1.5 with the most current TSP. My Unity server is running fine and all calls are being routed to an opening greeing. The users can then choose to go to the company directory and the call is then transferre to the phone and subsequent mailbox. I want to allow the callers to type in an extension and be transferred to this phone rather than go through the directory. I would also like the Unity Auto Attendant to be able to transfer by extension to a person who has no mailbox. In short, I want the Unity server to transfer by extension if they have a mailbox, and release the call to Callmanager if they don't. If I need to make a box or call handler for those people that don't currently have one, I will do so. How is the best way to accomplish this?

Alan Jackson

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Auto Attendant question

Transfering to subscribers by extension works out of the box... the default greeting for the openeing greeting call handler already says "if you know the extension of the person you are trying to reach, you may dial it now"... there's nothing special you need to do there to make that work.

You need to configure your subscribers to transfer, of course... if you have their transfer rules turned off then of course Unity is going to skip the transfer and go right to the greeting for that subscribers. You can change this in bulk using the Bulk Edit utility if you have large numbers of subscribers already created with their transfer rules turned off.

You can use call handlers or internet subscribers to transfer to users that don't have mailboxes. Call handlers are the normal way to do there... here's another thread from today about that:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.ee8b008

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content