cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto disappearing content using Refresh header?

etamminga
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

We're pushing a CiscoIPPhoneExecute to a phone. The phone requests the page (CiscoIPPhoneText) in the execute request.

The requested page needs to allow the user to respond to a question. If the user doesn't answer to the question, the question should disappear.

Can we cause the page to disappear after a set amount of seconds? I've tried a Refresh with url 30; Init:Services, but this doesn't work.

Does anyone have an idear on how to make the page disappear after x seconds?

Regards,

Erik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Does the phone make the refresh request after 30 seconds? I haven't tried such high values.. I'm usually operating with 1 - 5 seconds, and that works just fine for me.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Does the phone make the refresh request after 30 seconds? I haven't tried such high values.. I'm usually operating with 1 - 5 seconds, and that works just fine for me.

Fixed it.

Header "Refresh" with value "30; url=Init:Services"

... does work as expected. I made am mistake I should better not disclose any further :)

Thanks,

Erik.

Well.. we're all entitled to screw up every now and then ;)

Erik,

Hi! I'm having the same issue but I'm sure I'm doing right. I mean, HTTP-REFRESH is working as expected with IP Communicator but not within the physical device: Cisco 7960G Firmware: 8.0(9.0).

The device responds with: "HOST NOT FOUND" and after more tries it finally stays with the prompt message: "HTTP ERROR[12]".

I'm also implementing a feature similar to yours: like a pop-up window.

Which device/firmware are you using?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks a lot for this forum...

There are always alternate ways of doing things...

Within the HTTP-Refresh header, I don't use the URI "Init:Services" anymore. Instead, I use a normal URL (http://) that points to a page withe the following code:

Now it works, thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: