cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Line Select

belz-e
Level 1
Level 1

anyone know what the "Auto Line Select" option is used for under callmanager 3.3.3 phone configuration pane. Cant seem to find any info on it

Thanks,

Erik

6 Replies 6

josegre
Level 1
Level 1

i can explain it for you but in spanish, do you want it?

En español would be better then what we have now, which is nada.

I was looking for the same information here, too, when I couldn't find it in the CallManager help screens.

We can always use http://babelfish.altavista.com/ to translate if necessary.

ok

i try to do my best explanation.

This is so simple, if you check this option, any time that you put a phone, the phone automaticaly take a number asigned by ccm, but if you leave this in black you can put the number of line that you prefer. i put the same explanation in spanish ok?

Esto es simple, si usted pone esta opcion automaticamente el ccm pondra una linea/estacion a ese telefono pero si usted deja esta opcion en blanco podras asignar la estacion que quieras a ese telefono.

EJ.

with check --> auto put the line 6645

without the check--> YOU put any line to the phone like 8544 or what ever you want.

i hope that you can understod my.

Josi

That makes a little more sense than Cisco's explanation that I found. But I am still unclear how or when to use that feature.

What I found under Phone Configuration is, in the section labeled Product Specific Configuration, a blue box on the section separator bar with a white "i" for information. It tells me this about Auto Line Select:

"When enabled, indicates that the phone will shift the call focus to incoming calls on all lines. When disabled, the phone will only shift the focus to incoming calls on the currently used line.

This is a required field.

Default: Disabled."

We just upgraded into 3.3(3) a couple weeks ago, and are exploring all the new and improved configuration parameters to see if there's anything we can use.

OK

But, what do you want to do now? cause that explanation is the same that i give you or equale.

Auto Line Select Enabled option:

Indicates whether the phone shifts the call focus to incoming calls on all lines. When this option is set to No (disabled), the phone will only shift the call focus to incoming calls on the line that is in use. When this option is set to Yes, the phone will shift the call focus to the line with the most recent incoming call.

I think this explanation is clear enough.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: