Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Auto Logon

I apologize if this has been brought up in the past but when I searched for it there were no entries. <br>Anyway I was wondering if there is a auto logon feature available that would allow a user to hit the 'messages' button on the phone and it would log them in automatically with out having to type in a password. This would be a feature similar to the Meridian Mail auto logon feature.<br><br>Thanks for the help,<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Auto Logon

If the subscriber has a phone password setup we will always ask them to enter it no matter where they're calling from. If you hit the messages button on your phone we wont ask you to log in, but the first thing we will ask you to do is enter your PW... if there is no PW set, you will be logged right into the inbox conversation. Most sites are not going to be thrilled at the idea of not having PWs on their phone access.

The idea here is that Bob can't wander into your office, hit messages button on your phone and leave whispered threats to your co workers as being from you... Then you end up hanging out in sensitivity training while Bob lands that plumb account you were working on.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content