cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

auto registered number wouldn't release after use TAPS

yanhui-wang
Level 1
Level 1

IP phones auto register with CM, and then use TAPS to overwrite this phone number. But I found this phone number will not be released after use TAPS.

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I understand your question, what you are seeing is the expected behavior. Say your DN range for auto registration is 7000 - 7999. You boot up 5 phones which take DNs 7000 - 7004. After registration, you change these DNs to 8000 - 8004. The next time a phone auto registers, CCM will begin looking for an available DN in your auto registration range beginning with the next number in sequence after the last one that was assigned. In this example, it will begin looking with 7005. When all DNs in the range have been used, the search will start over with the starting DN. Take a look at the following document for confirmation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed64c.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I understand your question, what you are seeing is the expected behavior. Say your DN range for auto registration is 7000 - 7999. You boot up 5 phones which take DNs 7000 - 7004. After registration, you change these DNs to 8000 - 8004. The next time a phone auto registers, CCM will begin looking for an available DN in your auto registration range beginning with the next number in sequence after the last one that was assigned. In this example, it will begin looking with 7005. When all DNs in the range have been used, the search will start over with the starting DN. Take a look at the following document for confirmation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed64c.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks, that is exactly what I am looking for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: