cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Registration not working for IP Phones.

eug-c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this problem, that when I configured auto-registration on CCM, new phones are still not able to register automatically. It shows "Registration Rejected."

I have double checked the configuration checklist on auto-registration and even restarted the services. The phones have gotten the correct network configurations. I am using CCM4.1(3)SR1.

If I put in the MAC Address manually, the phone is able to register.

Not sure if anyone have come across this problem.

I am not sure if this problem is related to this bug:CSCsb76677 which mentioned IP Phones cannot register to CCM4.1(3)SR1 but didn't specifically say for Auto-registration.

Any clues or things which I missed out?

Thanks for any comments! :)

Eugene

7 Replies 7

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Eugene,

"Registration Rejected". Please keep in mind that for versions 4.X we still store deleted numbers in Db.

If you already have checked your configuration, please take a look at the following:

Open SQL Enterprise Manager | CCM03XX | Tables | Open CallManager table, select the CallManager you configured for Auto Registration.

You will have 3 fields:

-AutoregistrationStartDN

-AutoregistrationEndDN

-AutoregistrationNextDN

Please confirm that values are correct there, also in CCMAdmin under Route Plan Report, verify that you dont have any Unassigned DNs that overlap with the autoregistration range.

If all above is correct you might check TFTP traces.

Gonzalo

I am having very similar problems. Long time user of 3.3.3, new to 4.x.

I load a fresh, clean 4.1.3 load with a very, very basic configuration. I define a GK, then a Trunk to the GK, then a Route Pattern of 2XXXX to the Trunk. (We have various H323 devices out there with 2XXXX #s, but none duplicate a CM Phone)

Next I set the auto register range from 20095 to 20099. Everything else stays default as far as partitions, CSS, etc..

First 5 phones auto register up taking 20095 to 20099. For each phone, I change Description, Directory Number, Display, and Line Label. All else stays default. All phones are reset and even tried restart.

After the phones reregister with their new extension (such as 20031), no other phone is able to autoregister again with the autoregistration range. I will have 5 phones in my database all with numbers outside the autoregistration range, and no more will autoregister.

I verified the 3 fields in the SQL database and they are correct. Start 20095, End 20099, Next 20095.

BUT, if I go into the Route Plan Report, there are 10 phones listed: the #s for the 5 phones AND the #s of the autoregistration range 20095 to 20099. The 5 autoregistration #s do not have a Route Detail (the MAC of the Phone) listed with it.

If I delete one of the auto registration # entries, a phone will immediately take that # and auto-register like it should.

Question is, how do I make CM let me continually reuse the autoregister #s without having to delete them everytime out of the Route Plan Report? 3.3.3 worked fine.

bhattacharya.s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Eugene,

Just go ahead and check the autoregistration DN range in the Callmanager and try to increase it if possible. Try to restart the TFTP service on the Callmanager as well.

The most important thing is : In the Callmanager group configuration, make sure you have checked the "Auto Registration Callmanager Group" option on the Callmanager group that you want to use for Auto registration.

Lemme know how things go.

Thanks all for your comments.

I can confirm the configurations are all correct. However my DN range is only about 10. I will try to increase and also check on the SQL database.

Will update you guys.

Thanks again!

Hi Eugene,

I have the same problem. I have installed SR2 an it has not fixed the problem. Have you made any progress with the problem. Also what information should be in the fields ref above ie AutoregistrationStartDN I just see the fileds as null ???. Just said I ask before opening a TAC Case

Thanks

Mike

AutoregistrationStartDN should have the DN that you want your first Auto registered phone to have.

Make sure that you have the auto registration DN ranges fileld in correctly and DO NOT have the checkbox "Auto registration disabled for this Callmanager" checked.

This should be perfect, if this is not a new bug with this version of CM

Thanks

Will open a TAC Case and update Forum later

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: