Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Auto-Upgrade package for IP Communicator 2.x?

I downloaded the new IP Communicator 2.x package the other day after seeing it on the software updates notice - I've run the admin tool but it doesn't seem to be creating the folder of zipped files in the TFTP server that the http redirect uses to point clients to for auto-updates.

In addition, the 2-0-1.loads file (or whatever it should be) is not being crerated. Is there a package I'm missing that should do this?

- Ken

8 REPLIES

Re: Auto-Upgrade package for IP Communicator 2.x?

I see I am not alone with my problem. Where are the 2.0

CIPC files for autoupdate???

-Beat

I too just downloaded and installed 2.0. In addition to the missing files, the documentation referenced in the Readme.txt file is for version 1.1.

Besides me did somebody jump the gun and release this not ready for prime time package???

Super Bronze

I did a search on cisco.com for the release notes, and the link has a snippet that mentions VTA compatibility... if you follow the link, you get the old v1 info, with no mention of VTA... odd - like they've hidden it on purpose...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

It's not unusual for me to find that the release notes lag the immediate availability of the new software - that doesn't concern me although it'd be nice if they were there - I'm virtually positive you'll see those in a matter of a week or two (if past experience on brand new releases holds).

What I was concerned about is that for 1.x we had to manually request the auto-upgrade pacakage before so I thought that perhaps it had been overlooked or (more liekly) posted somewhere else I couldn't see...

- Ken

all the docs were up for a little while but have since been taken down. I think it may be tied to the call manager 5.0 release which obviously is not out just yet. the docs continuously referenced unified callmanager and callmanager 5.0(1).

UPDATE: If you install 2.0 on the client, any time the phone attempts to connect to the publisher, you'll receive a pop-up complaining about the missing upgrade files to convert your 2.0 phone to 1.1.5. :>

Good to see I am not the only one that was experiencing this problem, although I had been running 1.1.4 and the error is saying the the AutoUpdate could not go to 2.0.1.1 from 1.1.1.0!! Weird!

Anyway, hopefully, we will get an updated package sometime soon with some proper instructions on installing on the TFTP server to create the CIPC folder for this version!

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Marc,

Check out this thread from last month. Roli does have a fix for the error you have referenced.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Phone%20Services%20for%20End%20Users&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dda6122

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.........

Views
Helpful
Replies