cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AutoAttendant and Other Directories/Databases

dcavanaugh
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to replace the software our operators use for answering the company's main line. I really like autoattendant. We are just getting started with CallManager so 98% of our phones are still hanging off the old PBX. My question is, "How do you get AutoAttendant to use a different database for it's directory other than CallManager?" I am putting in a new CDR application that will report on both the PBX and Callmanager records. It uses SQL as it's database for records. I would really like to use this for AutoAttendant directory since it will be up to date. Is it possible?

1 Reply 1

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

While this part of CallManager is probably "no user serviceable parts inside" for purposes of TAC support, this task is actually easily accomplished.

Look in C:\Program Files\Cisco\CallManagerAttendant\bin for the MSDOS batch file "builddir.bat", which is run once an hour to generate a copy of the directory out of LDAP. You can modify this to your taste to pull a directory out of your SQL database. When run, it drops a file called "AutoGenerated.txt" in C:\Program Files\Cisco\CallManagerAttendant\userlists. The format is very obvious. The AC client will download this file on startup and use it for directory lookups so long as you don't have it configured to go direct-to-LDAP, which is not the default.

The fact that the directory is called userlistS makes me think you could drop multiple files in there, and therefore not be forced to modify the builtin files, but I have not tested this.