Views
Helpful
Replies

AutoAttendant Customization

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm planing to use the CCM4.1(3) for an office and use AutoAttendant for playing greeting prompts but I don't know how to customize the prompts (I want the prompts to be played like this: "Welcome to xyz company, press 1 to dial the extension, press 0 to meet the operator...") Now I can only change the "Welcome to AutoAttendant" to "Welcome to xyz company" but cannot change the remains. Could anyone help me do this?

6 Replies 6

The default AA scipt that comes with CM Extended Services only allows you to change three things; Welcome Prompt, Operator Extension and Script replay times. If you have a full copy of IPCC or Unity then create your Auto Attendant in there. The most common place is Unity for smaller installs. AA is usually created as a CallHandler or a series of CallHandlers.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Yes, I've installed a copy of IPCC Express (so I can use the CRA Editor for creating a new script). Now I have another issue:

I want to make a script like this:

1. Accept the call

2. Play welcome prompt (press the extension of the person or press 0 for operator - NOT press 1 to dial extension, press the extn directly)

3. Direct the call to the extn or the operator.

The problem here is: I don't know how to get the extn with variable length (I don't want to use the * or # key) so when a caller presses "0" for operator, the script doesn't direct the call.

Could anyone help me fix this or give me some ideas on this script, I don't know much about programming.

Thanks,

Hello,

I have a cisco 2651 with CME 3.3 configurated and I want to create an auttoatendant like you are telling before in the posts.

I don?t know how can I start condiguring it. i don?t know which is the default option I don't know too if I have IPCC.

Could you help me to discover this issue?

This is my router versions:

isco IOS Software, C2600 Software (C2600-JSX-M), Version 12.4(1), RELEASE SOFTW

ARE (fc3)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2005 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Fri 29-Apr-05 16:28 by hqluong

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(8r) [cmong 8r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Router uptime is 1 hour, 56 minutes

System returned to ROM by power-on

System image file is "flash:c2600-jsx-mz.124-1.bin"

Cisco 2651XM (MPC860P) processor (revision 0x400) with 253952K/8192K bytes of me

mory.

Processor board ID JHY0904K0YP (2075692498)

M860 processor: part number 5, mask 2

1 Ethernet interface

2 FastEthernet interfaces

32K bytes of NVRAM.

32768K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2102

And telephony services:

====================

Version 3.3

Cisco CallManager Express

For on-line documentation please see:

www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/ip_ph/ip_ks/index.htm

ip source-address 192.168.3.1 port 2000

max-ephones 2

max-dn 2

max-conferences 4 gain -6

dspfarm units 0

dspfarm transcode sessions 0

hunt-group report delay 1 hours

max-redirect 5

network-locale ES

user-locale ES

time-format 12

date-format mm-dd-yy

timezone 0 Greenwich Standard Time

keepalive 30

timeout interdigit 10

timeout busy 10

aller-id name-only: enable

web admin system name Admin

web admin customer name Customer

edit DN through Web: disabled.

edit TIME through web: disabled.

Log (table parameters):

max-size: 150

retain-timer: 15

create cnf-files version-stamp Jan 01 2002 00:00:00

transfer-system full-consult

auto assign 1 to 2

local directory service: enabled.

Could you give me an example?

johncaston_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Attached is a script that does what you describe. When the user selects option 7 they're prompted to enter the extension they require. The script forwards what's entered to a phone on the network, which then forwards the call to the extension that's dialed. I normally specify the boardroom phone for this as it's the least used.

You should be able to work it out from this script but let me know if you need any further help

Hi,

The script higgins-ak1-ivr.aef doesn't do what I had described (perhaps I had given a bad description).

I've made another script that solves my issue in which I use 2 Get Digit String steps. 1st step for getting the 1 digits, if this digit is "0" then transfer the call to the Operator, if not, go to the 2nd Get Digit String step. The 2nd step gets the remaining digits (4-1 = 3 digits in my case) and then forward the call to the Extension that the caller dialed.

Thanks for your helps anyway,

well there is a better solution with 1 getdigit string

but in this case you have to handle the time-out

on the time out you have to check if "0" dial the operator

if other number dial teh other number

please rate the the answers