Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AutoAttendant not responding for calls from H323 GW

Hi,

I have a 3662 configured as H.323 GW. Outgoing calls are going OK. For incoming I dont have the DID enabled. Over the campus I have configured the CCM 3.2(2c) with the AutoAttendant. AA is working just fine if someone dials the Directory No. assigned to the CTI-RP from an IP Phone installed inside the campus. But when the calls coming in from PSTN through the H323 GW come in, the caller gets a busy tone when he dials the DN assigned to the CTI-RP. I tried to configure PLAR connection on the GW (to simulate a one-stage dialing), but did not work. Then I configured the dial-peers for this specific DN of the AA-CTI-RP, but still user gets the same error. Debugs show the cause code of "Resource not available".. Though the

What could be the problem. Is there some bug in the H.323 GW and AA's interfaction etc.

Will appreciate any help

Athar

3 REPLIES

Re: AutoAttendant not responding for calls from H323 GW

Hi Athar

Do a debug voice ccapi inout and see what the call flow is i.e: what dial-peers are being matched.

can you also paste your GW config please.

First you can try num-exp 1111 --->5000 cti rp 1111 being whatever user on PSTN dials so the command will be num-exp 1111 5000

Do you have you a simmilar dial-peer pointing at CM

dial-peer voice 123 voip

DESTINATION PATTERN 5000 (cti RP)

session target ipv4:1.1.1.1

dtmf-relay alph numeric

codec g711ulaw

Silver

What is the IOS version? If it's an old one i would try checking Media Termination Point Required checkbox on the gateway configuration.

Athar,

The problem is probably codec related. The CRA Applications (AA, IVR, ICD, CCC) were designed to handle only g711 codec and not low bit rate codecs. Verify (through debug voip ccapi inout) that the dial peer on the H.323 gateway that sends the call to the CM is configured for G.711. The default codec on a voip dial-peer is g.729.

To work around the problem, either configure g.711 on the outbound voip dial peer, or introduce a transcoder resource.

Regards,

Michael.

Views
Helpful
Replies