Views
Helpful
Replies

AutoAttendant

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

My customer has a third party Auto Attendant accepting calls for 3 organizations with more than 10 departments in each one of them. It only takes the call and playing "for finance press 1, for helpdesk 2..etc". I'm just wondering if I can achieve the same thing with unity.

thanks in advance,

Marina

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Caller input mappings are limited to one digit maps but you can do as many levels as you want and you can "lock" keys for immediate action so you can approximate two digit Ids if you need to do that... it may be better to make a tree users can navigate to instead but if not you can have the greeting say "for sales info press 25" and have the "2" key on that call handler locked and set to go to another call handler in the tree that has it's "5" key locked and mapped to go to the sales info line or handler or whatever it is you want to do.

I always prefer to make reasonably compact trees - if you're giving users more than 10 optiosn in a node that's going to be a pretty long greeting they have to wade through as opposed to letting them pick regions of the audio text application they want to get to and letting them narrow it down a bit before throwing all those options at them... just my two cents on the issue...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Unity does have Auto Attendant functionality and from your description here it sounds doable. Your best bet is to check out this doc:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Audio%20Text%20Applications%20in%20Unity.doc

It highlights the ins and outs and takes a look at multi-tenant situations.

Hope this helps,

Keith

Thanks Keith,

After reading the doc (which is a really nice reading!) I still have the same concerns. If the right way to do it is by configuring the caller input map, then it seems to be limited to 1-9 keys . Can I use two digits as well?

marina

Caller input mappings are limited to one digit maps but you can do as many levels as you want and you can "lock" keys for immediate action so you can approximate two digit Ids if you need to do that... it may be better to make a tree users can navigate to instead but if not you can have the greeting say "for sales info press 25" and have the "2" key on that call handler locked and set to go to another call handler in the tree that has it's "5" key locked and mapped to go to the sales info line or handler or whatever it is you want to do.

I always prefer to make reasonably compact trees - if you're giving users more than 10 optiosn in a node that's going to be a pretty long greeting they have to wade through as opposed to letting them pick regions of the audio text application they want to get to and letting them narrow it down a bit before throwing all those options at them... just my two cents on the issue...

Jeff,

Thanks, now i've got it!

marina

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: