Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated attendant

I have set up unity 2.4.6 cisco avtsp to callmanager 3.07 and configured a few phones in test invironment. voicemail accounts and personal messages have been set for these phones. I have also been able to search by name in the directory. I want to setup auto-attendant/call handlers but am getting confused. So I have a few questions<br>1. I see a couple handlers built in with the install. Is auto-attendant configured by call handlers?<br>2. If so how do I change the message on a call handler? Would I give it an extention?<br>3. How do I make auto-attendant answer in test invironment?<br>Could I use a T1 simulater or dial in on a single pots line?<br>How would they connect to unity. I also have a vg200 with a t1 port or one with fxo/fxs ports. Could I configure vg200 so that any call that comes into a port go directly to unity auto-attendant?<br>4. Unity install documentation refers to voice boards? Are these needed for the auto-attendant feature. If not, what are they?<br>5. Is there any detailed documentation on unity besides the install book?<br>Sorry so many questions<br>Thanks<br> <br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Automated attendant

The system administration guide is probably where you want to start... all the documentation is found on CD #1 under the \documentation directory. The admin guide and the integration guides will probably answer most of your questions.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Gold

4: For information on PLAR check out:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/signalling/plar_config.html

5: Voice boards are only used to integrate with legacy PBX systems. There are not needed with CallManager.

Keith

Anonymous
N/A

1. I see a couple handlers built in with the install. Is auto-attendant configured by call handlers?

Yes, it can be just another call handler

2. If so how do I change the message on a call handler? Would I give it an extention?

Depending on your config. If you have a main number (ie: 555-123-4567) -and- your using 4 digit extensions throughout your CallManager environment, then you would use Ext. 4567 as the opening main greeting.

3. How do I make auto-attendant answer in test invironment?
Could I use a T1 simulater or dial in on a single pots line?

Sure. Just call the extension directly assigned to the Auto Attendants extension.

4. Could I configure vg200 so that any call that comes into a port go directly to unity auto-attendant?

Again yes, depending on your setup. If your using MGCP, just assign the ports and extension, (Using the Add DN field) and forward all into the Auto Attendants ext. If your using H.323 on the T1 interface (and know IOS), then you'll be setting up a Dial-peer on the dialed number, and then doing a "connection plar" directly into the Auto Attendants ext.

5. Unity install documentation refers to voice boards? Are these needed for the auto-attendant feature. If not, what are they?

As mentioned previously, the are not for VoIP, but rather legacy systems.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!
John.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content