cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automated Change of the FowardAll Number

Tom Dillon
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I have a customer with a public number that must be answered by an operator during the day. However, during the off hours they want it to go to voicemail. They have been setting the FowardAll number on the main number each night when the receptionist goes home. However, occasionally the receptionist forgets. What I would like to have is a scheduled job that will set the forwardall number each night and remove it each weekday morning.

I am thinking that I may be able to run a job on the Publisher and execute a SQL command to update the phone's forwardall number. However, as I am writing this post, this does not sound too smart. Does anyone have any ideas how I might solve my problem?

Thanks,

Tom.

4 Replies 4

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'll have to agree with you there that what you've described is probably not the best idea. :-)

What you may want to consider is using Cisco eServices (IP IVR). You can create an IVR script which will take a call and route it to one number during business hours, and route it to a different number during non-business hours.

Then all the incoming calls to this public number should be routed directly to this IVR script, and it will decide based on day of week and time of day whether to route it to the receptionist's phone or to a voicemail number.

Thanks Dave, I am meeting with my account team on Monday about ICD and IPCC. I'll ask about the IVR software.

Tom,

As an alternative we use a product from ARC solutions (ARC Console). www.arcsolutions.com

Its streets ahead of the Cisco Web Attendant and our customers are very pleased with the product and support from ARC. ARC also produce very good ACD solutions in the SME market.

Thanks so much for the tip. I had no idea there were other vendors with CTI products that work with CCM. I have downloaded the trial and will be give it a try. It looks great from the documentation.