Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Blue

Automated Outdialing

We would like to set up automated outdialing for contacting a list of individuals in an emergency or drill. A recording would play when the person answers.

I am thinking this could be done with a CRS script, but don't see any canned scripts available for outdialing. It would be fun to build, but I don't want to waste a lot of time if there is an easy way.

Any ideas or info would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Automated Outdialing

If you use the Cisco Emergency Responder Application, you have this feature available.

Take a look in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps842/products_data_sheet0900aecd80410f16.html

Blue

Interesting, but we don't have CER.

Thanks!

David,

Did you want all the numbers to be called at once or one after the other and play the message. Does this sample script help ? The script is not complete..

David,

Did you want all the numbers to be called at once or one after the other and play the message. Does this sample script help ? The script is not complete..

Blue

Shanky,

My CRS experience is pretty limited, so bear with me. I do have a test 4.0 system to play with, and have loaded IPCC Ex and AA, but have not attempted any custom scripts.

I'm thinking that setting a max number of simultaneous calls would make sense, but would want to use as many wave ports as possible. I also need to prompt for acknowledgement from each person called and somehow record that, which may get a little tricky.

I will look at your script with the editor tomorrow.

Thanks for the effort.

Dave

Dave,

My script does not place simulataneous calls, but it dials a number, plays a message, dials another, plays same message, so on and so forth. If the first call is unsuccessful, it skips out and goes to next step where it dials the next number until it reaches the end of the list. I will see if I can find a way to send simultaneous calls.

I am not sure if you can send a call to a broadcast hunt group which in turn has CTI ports as members. All CTI ports may have CFwdAll set to external numbers. IPCC script can be configured to place a call to the hunt pilot. Not sure how effectively this will work. Worth a try!

Sankar.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content