Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Automated Test Calls with CM 4.1(3)?

Hi,

We're running CallManager 4.1(3) in our lab. We're looking at a utility that automatically grabs CDR data and makes it accessible in an easy format. I'm looking for a tool or method that will place many (100?) test calls in our lab cluster so I can then run this utility to see how/what it presents for CDR info.

On a separate but related topic I'd be interested to see if anyone has a similar tool for testing, such as after upgrades, etc.

Thanks - Rob.

2 REPLIES

Re: Automated Test Calls with CM 4.1(3)?

Oh to have an automated testing app. Just started playing around with the Phone Services SDK and got some ideas forming on how I might do this via automated dial outs and by a remote control app for the phones.

With your initial Q about automating dial outs, you could do the testing you require by pushing an Execute object with the Dial:xxxx URI to your lab phones. Just tried it out here and with some work, you could do exactly what you want. Start with pushing a Dial URI and then after a determined period of time, push the Key:Soft2 URI to End the call.

I've found it easier to use PHP for this, but your ASP skills would probably be above mine.

HTH - Nathan

Re: Automated Test Calls with CM 4.1(3)?

Don't know if this may be useful for you, but you can start a call from the gateway via CLI, use

csim start

Another useful tool is sipsak. From there, you can simulate calls directed to a gateway / CCM SIP trunk:

http://sipsak.org/

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content