I need to install an automatic attendant, only that I don't have a cisco unity

Is there a method to do it? for example with router

5 Replies 5

joel
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have CCM or CCME? what version?

Do you have Unity Express?

If you have CCM 3.x or 4.x versions you can install AA on it. This might not be the best solution.

If you have CCME, CCME has CCME has some B-ACD AA concepts

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40bacd.html#wp1003143

You can also run TCL scripts on the IOS routers that can do AA features.

I have heard this is hard to customize.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc1189b

Let me know if you need more info...

:JoeL

pls rate helpful posts

I have Cisco Unity Connection with 50 licenses,

In my organization, there are 100 user and they don't can to receiv call because they don't have voice mailbox,

I don'k know how transfer the calls to all user

Unity connection is as good as Unity. But I think you need licenses to do dial by name.

You may be able to do Dial by extension..what is the requirement in your auto attendant?

:JoeL

Ok

I want to do that external users can to dial trough to Unity conecction to all user,

without mattering that it only I have 50 licenses and 100 user's registred in CCM 4.x

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jorge,

Here is the related info :)

System Transfers

In your organization, you may find that callers want to be able to dial numbers that are not typically listed in directory assistance. For example, users and outside callers may find it convenient to be able to call Cisco Unity Connection and transfer from the Opening Greeting or another call handler to a lobby extension, conference room extension, or an extension assigned to someone in the organization who is not a Connection user, such as an employee who is visiting from another site and is using a guest office. In addition, some users may want to be able to call Connection and then transfer to phone numbers outside of the organization-such as frequently called customers or vendors-so that they do not have to hang up after checking messages to place another call, or so that they will not incur long-distance charges while on business travel.

You can route callers to one of two "system transfer" conversations, both of which offer callers the ability to transfer to numbers that are not associated with Connection users:

Caller System Transfer This conversation prompts callers to enter the number that they want to transfer to.

To protect from toll fraud and unauthorized use, Connection performs the transfer only when the Default System Transfer restriction table permits it.

User System Transfer This conversation prompts callers to log on to Connection. After callers enter their Connection IDs and passwords, Connection prompts them to enter the number that they want to transfer to.

To protect from toll fraud and unauthorized use, Connection performs the transfer only when permitted by the transfer restriction table that is associated with the class of service for the user who logged on.

You can route callers to either system transfer conversation in several ways, including:

•By offering a system transfer as a "one-key dialing" option. You can specify either system transfer (on the Caller Input page for any call handler or user greeting) as the action that Connection performs when a caller presses a particular key during the greeting.

For example, to allow all callers to transfer to a lobby phone, guest office, or a conference room from the Opening Greeting, you could specify that Connection will offer Caller System Transfers when callers press 3. To offer system transfers to a particular user, you could specify that Connection will offer User System Transfers when the user presses a particular key during the Opening Greeting or even during his or her own greeting.

•By creating a new phone number (on your phone system) and a corresponding routing rule to send callers to either system transfer conversation. In this way, when callers dial the number, Connection sends calls to the system transfer conversation you specify.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/administration/guide/2xcucsag130.html#wp1058110

There is a good dicussion of this topic in this thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc264ce

Hope this helps!

Rob