cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic call forward to another extension on weekends

syedshahid
Level 1
Level 1

Do you know is it possible to do a call forward automatically from on extension to antother extension in call manager on a partucular day of the week? e.g. Call forward to buddy's extension or mobile/gsm on a Saturday. The call forward rule should automatically get activated in call manager on that particular day.

4 Replies 4

wojtek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Yes, it is possible.

You should use to do it translation-patterns, time-based call routing, etc.

Example:

Extension 1100 is in partition Part_A. All users calling 1100 from Monday to Friday should connect to this phone, but on weekned to Mobile 505123456.

1. So you create partition Part_X which is "on" only on weekend. You configure it using "Time Period", "Time Schedule". Part_A is not time-based.

2. Create CSS CSS_All which include partitions in order: Part_X,Part_A. This CSS will be used by all IP Phones and Gateways from PSTN;

3. Create translation-pattern 1100 in Part_X with CSS CSS_All which translate number 1100 to 00505123456 (00 is access code to PSTN). I assume that Route-Pattern 0.0XXXXXXXXX is in partition Part_A;

4. In work days Part_X is not active so translation-pattern 1100/Part_X is not active. On weekend users or pstn gateways calling number 1100 will reach translation-pattern 1100/Part_X instead of extension 1100/Part_A because they use CSS_All, in which partitions are in the following order: Part_X,Part_A. So calls to 1100 will reach translation-pattern and will be translated to 00505123456.

I hope that this help. If yes, rate my post.

Regards

Wojtek

Thanks Wojtek for the step by step procedure. I will try this and give my feedback.

regards,

Shahid

Hi,

Is this possiblke in CM 3.3(3)?

-Amit

Hi

Support for "time-based call routing" begins in CCM 4.1...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_data_sheet0900aecd801979f0.html

Regards

Wojtek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: